Speed Bleeders

• Premium Member
I've seen Mityvacs draw air from around the bleeder threads before. I've had more success with SpeedBleeders and a catch bottle.
Not heard anyone diss a Mityvac - used extensively in race paddocks in the UK and highly regarded by those with Tokico 6 pot calipers who have to rebuild them every spring until they discover Nissin 4 pots are a direct swap.  
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
....I've had more success with SpeedBleeders ....
...the countless times i had to bleed brakes on vehicles, and I just discovered this...why?
News travels slowly in the Great White North.  
bobanddoug1.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
News travels slowly in the Great White North. 
...ah, family!!...take off, eh? 
The bleeders look like an awesome product... any idea how well they'd do in automobiles in harsh conditions (annual bath in salt brine, freezing-thawing etc.)?

They come in Stainless Steel for a bit more $$. Those should hold up well in those conditions.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Supporting Member
I have always used a Motion Pro Bleeder  - Same basic principal for bleeding.  Very simple and effective.

To make things even easier, I installed a master cylinder off an R1 on the front, it has the bleed port right near where it connects to the handlebar, the highest point in the system. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
I have always used a Motion Pro Bleeder  - Same basic principal for bleeding.  Very simple and effective. 
To make things even easier, I installed a master cylinder off an R1 on the front, it has the bleed port right near where it connects to the handlebar, the highest point in the system. 

...that would be in addition to bleeding at the calipers, I assume? That's where the fluid degrades, and boils... thus water/air in the lines... no?
When I do a complete system flush, I use the Motion Pro bleeder at each caliper to get the fluid down to the caliper, I use the bleeder at the master cylinder to get the last of the air.  I usually crack the port open 1/4 turn, pump the lever 2-3 times and it is finished.  If you cant find the correct size speed bleeders, the Motion Pro tool works the same and makes the job so easy.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I just use a syringe and some tube. Never had a problem tbh.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
I live in the Great White North...the brake fluid gets purged every winter...Speed Bleeders went in immediately. Makes the job go quite fast.
@desertfjr, which Speed Bleeder did you install? SB8125L on all three calipers? 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I just use a syringe and some tube. Never had a problem tbh.
Is this for artificial insemination or rectal narcotics?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived