What do YOU keep under your seat?

I think of all the bikes I have owned, the Tracer has to have the least amount of under seat storage  of any bike on planet Earth (that I've owned anyway).

So what do other people manage to stuff under there then?

For me, I have the following:

e5e249e0-b7e4-41ed-8dff-b92a0b01bf20.jpg

# Leatherman and stubby screwdriver with bits (including hex)

# LED torch

# Latex gloves, and a couple of handwipes.

# Cable ties (x6)

# Roll of insulating tape (small)

# Old bicycle innertube (a bit of one, that is, for binding over or protecting surfaces)

# Spare fuses (6 assorted)

# £10 note (hmmm... that ought to be a £20 now for a fill up/food)

# Earplugs (x2 packs)

# Disc lock and Key (don't tend to use this often unless I leave her somewhere dodgy) its under the cast seat catch thing, so you can't see it in the piccy.

# Throttle clamp - one of those clip over jobbies, for holding the throttle open whilst you ride so you can pick your nose or scratch your groin.

# Tyre plugger kit 

# Mini- compressor

# Elasticated luggage straps (x2)

# Luggage strap (traditional type)

Also under there is:

# Chain oiler reservoir (150ml...err... 4 fl.oz?)

# Oiler pump

# Oiler adjuster knob

To get this in, I did cut away some of the (pointless?) tray bottom divider thing, leaving enough to divert any water toward drainage points.

So has anyone managed to get an entire pop-up camping kit under there yet?

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
I have this one http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/stop-and-go-mini-air-compressor.html

You need to use the croc clips on the easy to access battery as it draws more current than the accessory socket fuse can handle, or fit an SAE lead (as used by some battery chargers)

4x2x6 inches - it will pump up a tyre to 42psi but may take quite a while from fully flat.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Under my seat I store:
a cargo net for impulse purchases or soiled clothing on a longer trip (plus a carrier bag to keep things dry if needed)
a small torch
a hi-viz bib to keep French Gendarmes happy
27mm socket as I can usually borrow a half inch drive if the chain needs a tweak (never had to do it due to the lovely Tutoro oiler)
Chaintec multitool (cycling magazine freebie, excellent product more robust than OE tools)
OE tool roll
roll of insulation tape

the compressor mentioned above will not fit with the other stuff so that goes in the tankbag or topbox.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I have this one http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/stop-and-go-mini-air-compressor.html 
You need to use the croc clips on the easy to access battery as it draws more current than the accessory socket fuse can handle, or fit an SAE lead (as used by some battery chargers)

4x2x6 inches - it will pump up a tyre to 42psi but may take quite a while from fully flat.
That is soooo true, as I  found out when I used it last October as the sun was sinking, and the pump ceased functioning...I'd blown the fuse. 
Fortunately i had the croc clip lead with me.  Phew.

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

What mini-compressor are you using and do you recommend it? I am searching for one to carry when I am touring. Thanks.
My one looks identical to the one Wessie shows (except mine is Orange and labelled with "RAC" (Royal Automobile Club)) and yes it did the job.  
I wouldn't say it was for regular inflation use (I have a 50 litre compressor for that...just about enough), but it did take about 10 mins to pump up the rear (but quicker than calling a breakdown truck...and considerably less hassle)!

The puncture!...

P_20160910_134623_LL.jpg

For air compressor I uses this one;
http://www.aerostich.com/tools/tire-repair/pumps-air-compressors/aerostich-mini-compressor.html

Looked like the smallest one to me.  It has worked fine except for the time I took it out to find all the screws had backed out.  Fortunately I had a screw driver in hand and it went back together just fine.

• Supporting Member
I keep a simple tool wrap with metric hex key set, combo screw driver, a few wrenches, ratchet handle and 8mm - 14mm sockets as well as a Dynaplug repair tool w/plugs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I have most of the stuff you have + duct tape and more tools but carry my electric tire pump only on trips but do carry Co2 filler & a dozen cartridges. Also have a mini multimeter, and mics electrical bits.

It helps if you trim away the vertical divider partitions on the under tray.

I also added hard rubber pads to resolve the front saddle rocking issue, and a folded piece of rubber that serves as a gutter to divert water out to the side that penetrates down between the front and rear saddle pieces.

20160726_212714.jpg

20161120_190931.jpg

20161120_191000.jpg

20161120_191148.jpg

20161120_191237.jpg

• Premium Member
there's a new gadget in town that seems handy - will start the bike, power a phone, tablet or laptop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142101997658?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l1600.jpg

I've managed for 37 years of riding/driving without one but...

• Premium Member
I think of all the bikes I have owned, the Tracer has to have the least amount of under seat storage  of any bike on planet Earth (that I've owned anyway). 
So has anyone managed to get an entire pop-up camping kit under there yet?

Hmm..what to fit under the seat? 
Judy_blow_up_doll.gif
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
there's a new gadget in town that seems handy - will start the bike, power a phone, tablet or laptop.  
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142101997658?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l1600.jpg

I've managed for 37 years of riding/driving without one but…

Interesting. Although, some of the how-to-use descriptions (i.e. "The car is break downt") don't inspire full confidence in the product...

• Premium Member
What mini-compressor are you using and do you recommend it? I am searching for one to carry when I am touring. Thanks.
This one - Amazon Link  SLIME-40001_300.jpg
It's a bit spendy, but worth every penny. Took one along with me up the Dalton Highway. Had a flat, in a thunderstorm, and was back on the road in less than 10 minutes. Instructions (which I had not previously reviewed) are laminated plastic. Very handy in a thunderstorm.  http://www.pashnitmoto.com/cycle-pump-p/cp-combo.htm 

Archived