Bought a WR250R

db5304

Decided I wanted a dual sport as i used to love offroad riding.  I did a lot of research and ended on the wr250r, couldn't find one used, so bought new and had it delivered today.   

Congrats on the new scoot, you're going to have a blast on that.  
Off-road/woods riding is my first love. Were it not for a fluke knee injury I'd probably still be riding one. :(

My last big hurrah was a 7-day US border-to-Cabo San Lucas trip. Truly a dream ride.

New Years Day, 2010, just north of Cabo on the old, traditional Baja 1000 course:

Baja_2010_195_HiRezEditedCropped.jpg
Keep Asheville weird!

Decided I wanted a dual sport as i used to love offroad riding.  I did a lot of research and ended on the wr250r, couldn't find one used, so bought new and had it delivered today.   

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Thats a damn good bike man. I like offroad better than street.

Been thinking about a dual sport myself. I really like the WR250R, but will probably end up with a DRZ400 or DR650 simply because there are more on the used market... have fun man! I'm jealous...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
My FJ replaced a WR250X. It was a FUN bike. Ran knobbies on the 17s when I wanted to get dirty. Unfortunately my buddy with a dual sport moved too far away. The WR was not quite enough of a street bike unless you lived up the road from the Dragon (best bike EVAR there), but I had a lot of fun being able to ride down any road up to a local motocross track when it was still around and even local lake bottoms.

• 2 weeks later...
My FJ replaced a WR250X. It was a FUN bike. Ran knobbies on the 17s when I wanted to get dirty. Unfortunately my buddy with a dual sport moved too far away. The WR was not quite enough of a street bike unless you lived up the road from the Dragon (best bike EVAR there), but I had a lot of fun being able to ride down any road up to a local motocross track when it was still around and even local lake bottoms.
I also had a WR250X. I had a second set of 21 & 18" wheels for knobbies, on WRX hubs. I sold mine because passing became dangerous on tight twisty roads. I'd catch up to a cage, then couldn't safely pass it. I replaced my WR250X with a KTM 690 Enduro. Same weight, but with 65 HP. It passes just fine, and loves to wheelie. ;)  My FJ-09 and KTM 690 Enduro complement each other well. 8-)  
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I want to get a dual sport as my 2nd bike by the end of this year. Really like WR250Rs but hard to find them used so I will probably end up with a DRZ400.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 9 months later...
  • Premium Member
I had one.  Actually, a WR-X that I converted to an R.  Lots of mods on this one, including a big bore kit.  Sold it when I became overcome with lust for a KTM 500 EXC.  Still have a relatively fresh stock spare engine in the garage.

Dirt%20Wheels.JPG

Archived