Getting my FJ soon!

Hey future friends, soon I will be an owner of a 2015 FJ-09!
I'm currently in the loan process but everything should be worked out and I'll be riding home in March.
My question is: Is there anything anyone suggests for the first time riding it? Or any tips for the bike? Maybe some quick mods? I love mods.
Thanks and I'm excited to see y'all around on the forums!

• Supporting Member
Welcome. Congrats on the soon-to-be new bike.

I would recommend putting a few hundred miles on it completely stock and make a mental checklist of what you like and don't like.
When I bought my bike it was new in the crate, as part of the set-up I had the dealer install right angle valve stems, they are the best $20 you can spend on your bike for ease of maintenance!
For me personally, I am a stickler for ergonomics, first thing I always change on any bike is handlebars, adjustable levers and adjust the position of all of the controls,- shifter and brake pedal height, lever reach and height etc.
I also believe in "useful" mods, some riders want a louder exhaust, I wanted killer suspension, some want carbon fiber goodies, I wanted the MCCruise control. I also bought factory heated grips and had the ECU flashed. This bike can go from really good to great once you personalize it for your wants and needs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Welcome. If you have any experience at all, then STD mode is fine. I find the B mode to be unnecessarily limiting and never use it, even in the rain.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Just take it easy and you will be fine. I suggest riding a while before deciding on mods, and you can peruse the forum to find all kinds of suggestions. My personal list of mods would be: New Seat, New windshield, mirror extenders, Flash ECU, and Suspension adjustments

Enjoy, hope you like the bike as much as we do.....

Unless your shoulders are a foot apart, may as well order the mirror extenders right away. Best $30 or so I've spent on the bike! I went with the Koubalink.com ME-2B extenders, 2 inch in black (obviously). They go on very easily and make a big difference. As in...you can see what's behind you!

Unless your shoulders are a foot apart, may as well order the mirror extenders right away. Best $30 or so I've spent on the bike! I went with the Koubalink.com ME-2B extenders, 2 inch in black (obviously). They go on very easily and make a big difference. As in...you can see what's behind you!
Agreed, they were the very first thing I got.  The Koubalinks look like they came from the factory.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

My shoulders are wider than 12" and the stock mirrors work just fine. Everyone is different though...

Archived