Puig Front Deflector

As I start to consider swapping out the windscreen on my FJ, I came across the front wind deflectors from Puig.
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/yamaha-fj-09-2016/front-deflector/c171en/f1-r402-m7092/
Has anyone installed these?  Any noticeable change in airflow?
Did a search on the forum but everything came up with the deflector that mounts on the top of the windscreen where these mount on the headlight pod.

• Supporting Member
From the looks of them, I wouldn't expect much if any wind deflection. They seem to be merely cosmetic, if you look at the installation instructions they are a flat cover that hides the back side of the head lights.
For $160 I would want more than just a cosmetic cover.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Japan.webike.net has several pictures of them installed. From the pics they do look functional, but?.
I might give them a try! What it does is also cover the backside of the of the front fairing which has always looked "unfinished" to me.  
2_25_2017_12_00_18_PM.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I would guess somebody did in fact do some windtunnel testing to reduce the cockpit turbulence. I am interested to find out if it works.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

They don't look like they would do all that much deflecting. But it would be interesting to see what the difference is in a wind-tunnel test.   

4d04b5b0177858a2f6144463ab64299fL.jpg

They look promising to me. My biggest aero complaint with the FJ is the cool air on my arms. A big windscreen helps, but these might be the missing link. Is this a photo of your bike, or a Puig photo?
Keep Asheville weird!

• Premium Member
They don't look like they would do all that much deflecting. But it would be interesting to see what the difference is in a wind-tunnel test.   

4d04b5b0177858a2f6144463ab64299fL.jpg

They look promising to me. My biggest aero complaint with the FJ is the cool air on my arms. A big windscreen helps, but these might be the missing link. Is this a photo of your bike, or a Puig photo?
  Not my bike. just a photo from online.  

• 2 months later...
Has anyone given these a try yet? I checked with an importer and was quoted $299.00 CDN! And 8 weeks until delivery! Can't find a review anywhere. I also checked with quite a few bike shops, all said their Puig distributor doesn't carry the deflector.
Renzo

• 3 weeks later...
@IHbiker try www.motovationusa.com you may have to email them with some information about the specific parts you want but that's where I ordered my Puig touring screen. they are a Puig distributor.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@IHbiker try www.motovationusa.com you may have to email them with some information about the specific parts you want but that's where I ordered my Puig touring screen. they are a Puig distributor.

Thanks, I will check this site out.

Archived