In the market

I like the idea of the previous owner being a cycle cop. Likely takes very good care of his bike. I'd go with new if the price was close, but everybody has a different budget to work with. I think this bike is great for commuting.

• Supporting Member
Okay, so I heard back on the 16. Original owner, full service records... 
My cousin lives 5 minutes from the guy with the 15. He went and checked it out last night for me. Took two tries to start, chain hadn't seen lube in a while, and he described the shifting as "clunky". Not just from neutral to first, but also from 1-2 and back 2-1, though not as bad. Also remarked on how dirty it was. The guy bought it with 8300 miles and it's a touch over 10k now, and it sounds like he's probably done zero routine maintenance.

The difference in price between the 15 and 16 is 300 dollars.

That's a no-brainer right there, you just answered your own question. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yeah, I think I did. Going to look at it Sunday, and barring any surprises, I'll take it home. I'd love to get a new one, but I'm a full time student, wanting to pay cash. I might be able to get a new bike, but then I need a top box and a rack. That's not much more than my budget, but it is over, and wouldn't leave me in a good position.

Disregard water bottle. Insurance company requested it in pictures.
Why would the insurance company want you to put a water bottle on your bike?

They want pictures showing the condition, with something unrelated to motorcycles so they know I didn't just pull something off the web. Of course, now it's on the web. So...

Why would the insurance company want you to put a water bottle on your bike?

They want pictures showing the condition, with something unrelated to motorcycles so they know I didn't just pull something off the web. Of course, now it's on the web. So...
Interesting... I kind assumed it must be related to that, but I've never experienced an insurance company asking for photos such as that before.

Archived