Lookout for people crossing the center line!

• Premium Member
Turn volume down due to wind noise.  Sorry, tried something different with the camera this time out and it was terrible.

Another rider with terrible body position crossed into my lane and nearly took us both out.  Appears to be a newbie rider on an FZ-07.  Be careful out there!

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLL3kVYWkBs]

• Premium Member
Maybe a newby but there are guys out there that have ridden for years and are still dangerous, I even know a few of them. Hopefully he learned somthing from that experience but I doubt it.
BLB

I see this happen all the time in the spring on the mountain road between Boise and Idaho City. Either rusty riders, or new riders. Really, it happens alot on group rides.

The dangerous thing with group rides is this. The fastest rider often ends up in front, with newer riders in the back, trying like hell to keep up and riding completely out of their comfort zone.

This is why I dont ride with people that I dont know. And when I lead a group ride, I almost always put the newer riders in the front, and I hang in the back and watch. Often, the faster riders take off on their own and I tell the newer riders to just let them speed away, and promise that I'll stay with them so nobody gets lost.

We always all meet up at Trudy's in Idaho city for the best damn pie you have ever eaten! If you have ever ridden the Lowman loop outside of Boise, you know all about Trudy's!

• Premium Member
Yeah, I go up to the Blood Mountain / Suches GA area quite often. It's shocking how many riders just ride right off the road. After the flashes of a mangled left leg was gone, all I could think was how thankful I was that I wasn't a car or truck.

He wasn't trying to keep up with his friends, his two buddies were right behind him at a slower pace. He may still have been trying to show off. I really hope this close call scared some sense into him and that his friends blasted him.

I've never been on a group ride, and had a riding buddy when I lived in another state. These next few weekends I'll be meeting up with some people and groups so I'll probably just stay conservative and to the rear.

and Lol @ Twist of the Wrist II. Good stuff, I just watched it again last week. That guy and his facial expressions have me chuckling every time. I just keep thinking "What did he just smell?" and other thoughts along that line.

Archived