Cross Country 8-9k Mile Road Trip in July on my FJ

• Premium Member
I quit riding that road two years ago because it was so rough that I found myself dodging pothole and cracks then enjoying the ride.
I rode FR-25 yesterday and this was no joke! Fortunately the sky was overcast so I didn't have to contend with shadows. I was able to see the road but it was really no fun to ride. The last time I was up to Windy Ridge was 12-13 years ago and it was wonderful! Now it's almost unridable.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I quit riding that road two years ago because it was so rough that I found myself dodging pothole and cracks then enjoying the ride.
I rode FR-25 yesterday and this was no joke! Fortunately the sky was overcast so I didn't have to contend with shadows. I was able to see the road but it was really no fun to ride. The last time I was up to Windy Ridge was 12-13 years ago and it was wonderful! Now it's almost unridable.
As I recall, the worst stretch is the 11 mile section immediately north of the intersection of FR-25 and FR-99. The FR-99 road to Windy Ridge is in good condition and it is really fun and scenic. In my opinion it is worth the trip to Windy Ridge as long as you ride slow (20 to 30 mph) in that 11 mile stretch of FR-25 and be ready to dodge the dips.  

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Archived