• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cross Country 8-9k Mile Road Trip in July on my FJ

I am truely sorry to hear about your deal with Pro caliber. I live about 2 miles from them and I would never ever give them my business. I drive about 2 hours away to buy my bikes and try to sevice them on my own. If I need to have anything done that I cant do I take it to EDR in beaverton Oregon which cost alittle more but they are real nice to me go out of there way to make me happy. If I ever find my why over there I will rip them a new one on how they treated you.
If anyone else is in a bind and I and not out on a trip hit me up and I will do my best to help you out. I am located in Vancouver Washington but I will travel within the area.

EDR does great work.

'15 FJ09

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am truely sorry to hear about your deal with Pro caliber. I live about 2 miles from them and I would never ever give them my business. I drive about 2 hours away to buy my bikes and try to sevice them on my own. If I need to have anything done that I cant do I take it to EDR in beaverton Oregon which cost alittle more but they are real nice to me go out of there way to make me happy. If I ever find my why over there I will rip them a new one on how they treated you.
If anyone else is in a bind and I and not out on a trip hit me up and I will do my best to help you out. I am located in Vancouver Washington but I will travel within the area.

I probably should have posted on here, while I was there. I posted on IG and FB, but didn't get in touch with any riders nearby. That's cool of you to offer help to any travelers. I would definitely do the same for anyone in North East PA near me. I was just disappointed to see so many people walk by me with my bike on its side in front of the door and walk right by without saying anything. I would stop and ask if a person needed help because I think riders need to look out for eachother.

• Supporting Member
Vinnie
After reading your story, I talked to a couple of other guys I ride with, we are all sick and tired of that beaten up stretch or road. Your cracked oil pan was the final straw, we are getting something drafted up to submit to DOT, including your personal account, to try and get something done.
Maybe if you ever venture back out here, that stretch of road will be repaired and you can enjoy it as it was intended.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Vinnie After reading your story, I talked to a couple of other guys I ride with, we are all sick and tired of that beaten up stretch or road. Your cracked oil pan was the final straw, we are getting something drafted up to submit to DOT, including your personal account, to try and get something done.
Maybe if you ever venture back out here, that stretch of road will be repaired and you can enjoy it as it was intended.

I quit riding that road two years ago because it was so rough that I found myself dodging pothole and cracks then enjoying the ride.
Lets us know if the DOT fixes it.

Vinnie After reading your story, I talked to a couple of other guys I ride with, we are all sick and tired of that beaten up stretch or road. Your cracked oil pan was the final straw, we are getting something drafted up to submit to DOT, including your personal account, to try and get something done.
Thanks for the support...I hope something is done and the shared experience helps! That area is also particularly dangerous to get stuck or in an accident in because there's no cell reception for hours, if you're deep within the forest. I had none for 2 days, while I was in there. 

I quit riding that road two years ago because it was so rough that I found myself dodging pothole and cracks then enjoying the ride.
Lets us know if the DOT fixes it.
When you look at it on a map, it looks awesome...but the condition makes for a bad experience. It's a shame

IMG_6890-12_K.jpg

IMG_6895-15_K.jpg

IMG_6921-18.jpg

I normally wear full gear head to toe, but I already set up camp for the night and was surprisingly ahead of schedule that night, so I went for a little picture expedition. These are from Nebraska. It was also over 100 degrees, so I sweat enough that day already. Also worth mentioning...I had one of the best steaks of my life that night at a very reasonable price

IMG_6818-_HDR-_Edit-3.jpg

Nice !! So did you just camp on the side of the road ?
I camped most nights on my 3 week trip, but none of them were literally on the side of the road. I did "wild camp" in National Forest, when I couldn't find a campsite with open sites. When I found a good spot, I really didn't want to leave. A few were really nice. That being said, I made sure to be out of sight, so no sites were ever visible from the road. 

Freaking amazing. Just followed on instagram. If you dont mind giving the info..how much did this cost you? besides oil pan.
As in the whole trip? And thanks for the follow. I have a whole bunch of new pictures to post from the trip that I'll share over the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Freaking amazing. Just followed on instagram. If you dont mind giving the info..how much did this cost you? besides oil pan.
As in the whole trip? And thanks for the follow. I have a whole bunch of new pictures to post from the trip that I'll share over the next couple of weeks.
Yea just a guesstimate. 

Archived