New helmet

tripleb

• Premium Member
My personal preference is Modular helmets. I travel a lot and live in South Florida. Being able to raise the chin bar and talk to your riding partner at stoplights or the toll plaza/ferry personal and raise the bar at stoplights in summer is the way to go.

I like HJC because they fit my head....

YMMV

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
My garage has a shelf with helmets of the past. When I'm on my FJ09 I ride with a Shuberth. When I ride my Ural Sidecar rig I wear a Three qtr. Helmet. Just a matter of choice. I like the Shuberth the best. I like that I can remove the inner pads for washing. All helmets have a three year disclaimer to replace. That can be pricey. In Florida helmets are not required but I feel that since I don't have that many brain cells I need to protect what ones I have.... ;-)
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-variant-battlescar-helmet 
This is the style of helmet I'm taking about. Since
you seem to be stuck in yesteryear, any more
advice from you would probably be senseless.

Not stuck in yesteryear, it's just as forum owner I feel a responsibility to always talk of the safety first aspect of gear and advice because thousands will read my posts over the years and I want to advise on the side of caution. That and the fact that I've lost so many friends and family to bike accidents.

Archived