Thinking about a new bike...

Did you ever sit on a bike in a showroom and can't get it out your mind? Man that happened to me this week, my riding partner was picking up a new SV650. So I met him at the dealer and sat on a GSXS1000F, MAN IT FELT RIGHT. I always have 2 bikes, a bike I can tour on and a sporty bike. I'm 61 so I'm not into sport bikes any more , I did own a Gen 1 FZ1 for 14 years and 80k miles, the bike has well over 90k  miles and still going strong. The Suzuki felt similar to the FZ1, I knew I was in trouble once I got off the bike in the showroom. My Tuono is great bike to ride but the footpegs being so high and the bike being 10 years old, I img][img]img][img]think it's time to move on from it.p><p> <a href=https://s2.postimg.cc/4w33a0svt/Resized_Image600401-_SUZUKI-_GSXS1000-_REDBLK-02.jpg' alt='Resized_Image600401-_SUZUKI-_GSXS1000-_REDBLK-02.jpg'>

I asked they won't do it, insurance issues
I can understand that...to a point. Not like you're a 16 year-old kid that is just out for a joyride. Most shops in my area would let a person take a bike for a test ride, one even has "Test Ride Saturday" and a few weeks ago while I was there they let a guy take a new R1 off the showroom floor for a ride, came back, and left shortly after.  I asked the salesperson if the guy was interested in buying-his reply "guess not".

• Premium Member
The best way to get a demo ride is to show up on a bike and make them think you want to trade it in for a new one, they know they can always screw buyers on trade-ins. It also helps to let the salesman think that he knows way more about bikes than you do.
BLB

The best way to get a demo ride is to show up on a bike and make them think you want to trade it in for a new one, they know they can always screw buyers on trade-ins. It also helps to let the salesman think that he knows way more about bikes than you do.
That's exactly how it went down. I was standing there all geared up with the Tuono outside, they weren't too happy the Aprilia has 45k miles on it.

• Premium Member
Sadly (or maybe happily) no single bike scratches every 2-wheeled itch.

I am insanely fond of triples, and I could not be happier with my FJ-09, but I can't shake the "need" for a high-revving inline-4. I think they should hand out AA tokens for riders that resist the urge to get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th bike for months/years at a time.

That's exactly how it went down. I was standing there all geared up with the Tuono outside, they weren't too happy the Aprilia has 45k miles on it.
they wont mate. 

The thing is, to resell that Ape they'll have to put a warranty on it.. and they'll be thinking it will cause them hassle and expense. 

Awesome bikes though. I had a 2010 Tuono before the Tracer and they are mega arent they! 

they wont mate.  
The thing is, to resell that Ape they'll have to put a warranty on it.. and they'll be thinking it will cause them hassle and expense. 

Awesome bikes though. I had a 2010 Tuono before the Tracer and they are mega arent they! 
Yea resale on the Tuono is a pain but they are awsome to ride, it is the best handling bike I ever rode. The sound of the Vtwin with those Tig Craft pipes, I feel like I'm riding a musical instrument . But I'm getting older and the footpegs are kinda high for me now.

they wont mate.  

Yea resale on the Tuono is a pain but they are awsome to ride, it is the best handling bike I ever rode. The sound of the Vtwin with those Tig Craft pipes, I feel like I'm riding a musical instrument . But I'm getting older and the footpegs are kinda high for me now.
Yeah they are awesome. Fast too. 

When i sold mine, i had more dreamers than anything else. Just turned up for a look n didnt seem to have any interest in actually parting with any cash. 

Annoying

• Supporting Member
I might just keep the Aprilia and buy the Suzuki this way I'll have a Vtwin a triple and a inline 4. I'm only going to be retired once in my life ...
You are following the path to moto enlightenment!   I kept my Aprilia Mille R when I bought the FJ, which means I now have a triple, a twin, an inline four, and a pair of four-stroke singles.   Clearly, I need to find that vintage CBX I've always longed for!   
But seriously, if that Suzuki REALLY talks to you, just go buy it.  Buying a motorcycle isn't like buying a toaster...  It's an emotion-based decision, and when one connects with you, it just feels right. 

Good luck!

Archived