There are two routes to get to WalMart from here...

• Supporting Member
Did you use a phone app to map that?  If so, which one?

Yep... EatSleepRide on my iPhone 6. Works well for a free app, and GPS-based so phone reception is not required. It's been spot-on accurate with the route traces everywhere I've been.

route.jpg

I'll have to see if that's available for my android phone.

I managed to map my actual route on Google Maps.  I took the direct route going up via Route 1, and then meandered out through pond country on the way back.  It's one of my favorite rides.

@rodan = Yup, fer shure.  That's my wife at WalMart.  Go in to buy a roll of scotch tape, disappear for two hours and come out with $300 worth of stuff in her cart.

Me, I just drive her up there and take advantage of the absolute genius that thought of putting a Dunkin' Donuts in a WalMart.  Buy a cuppa coffee, a donut and a paper, grab a stool and veg until she reappears.

My wife doesn't make me go to Walmart with her anymore. It only took me ten years of bitching as soon as we hit the parking lot about the idiot drivers going around in circles, bitching about the dumbass welfare recipients pushing their carts in my way, bitching about everything being from china and reminding her hundreds of times that Sam Walton is certainly turning over in his grave over it.

It took me ten years of carefully crafted bitching and complaining about Walmart to no longer have to go. She takes off for Walmart, and I load my two stroke in the back of my truck and go get a good dirt ride in on a local mountain, pause at the top and give thanks that i'm not at Walmart.

IMG_3631.jpg

I truly hate that phuckng place. Everyone walking out holding white bags of crap made in China, and wondering where all the good jobs went and why they are broke.

walmart50birthday.jpg

• Supporting Member
I load my two stroke in the back of my truck and go get a good dirt ride in on a local mountain, pause at the top and give thanks that i'm not at Walmart.  
IMG_3631.jpg

You had me at - "Load my 2 Stroke in the back of my truck..."  My YZ250 has the same effect on me.  8-)

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@ Cruizin - I hear ya, but at 66 years old, my dirt riding days are over. Not to mention the fact that opportunities for such activity are few and far between in this part of the State.

@ Cruizin - I hear ya, but at 66 years old, my dirt riding days are over. Not to mention the fact that opportunities for such activity are few and far between in this part of the State.

I understand the age thing, I'm 51 and am already getting kinda sore so I'm getting in all the dirt riding while I still can.

I've been gone from Maine for a while, did it get built over with retail since I left in 86? I hope not. I have some great memories of growing up riding dirtbikes in Maine on trails, in fields, logging roads, dirt roads in the 70's and 80's.

I understand the age thing, I'm 51 and am already getting kinda sore so I'm getting in all the dirt riding while I still can.  
I've been gone from Maine for a while, did it get built over with retail since I left in 86? I hope not. I have some great memories of growing up riding dirtbikes in Maine on trails, in fields, logging roads, dirt roads in the 70's and 80's.

What part of Maine were you in? 
Here in Downeast Maine, there just isn't much.  Very few dirt roads and most of them are in the blueberry barrens and are heavily patrolled by owners.  I got kicked out of a few in the early 70's and just quit trying to ride there.  Woods roads are usually passable only with skidders or skipjacks.  

They did recently open the "Sunrise Trail" on old Maine Central track right of way, but it's crowded with side-by-sides donking along at 10mph and I'm not sure dirt bikes are even allowed.  I know anything licensed for the road is a no-no.

Out here in the sticks not much has changed, but the town of Ellsworth has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 15 years or so.  Used to be once the summercators left and all the Bah Hahbah traffic thinned out, you could get around okay.  Now it's bumper-to-bumper pretty much year around.

• Supporting Member
I truly hate that phuckng place. Everyone walking out holding white bags of crap made in China, and wondering where all the good jobs went and why they are broke.

So, apparently guns are a no-go on this forum, but the administrator is A-OK about going after WalMart with both barrels blazing... figuratively speaking, of course. :)

So, apparently guns are a no-go on this forum, but the administrator is A-OK about going after WalMart with both barrels blazing... figuratively speaking, of course. :)

Evil US Corporations are fair game on here. Most people agree on that, not very controversial. I never get any PM's threatening to crush my soul and leave the forum over that.

Guns, Religion and political threads always end up with 50 people sending me PM's threatening to leave the forum (like I would give a shet) but I still have to read em all to keep my pm's cleared out and up to date. I even got rid of the off topic section because the united airlines thread got people into a stir.

I don't have anything against guns, it's the people who do have something against guns that freak out and fill up my inbox that I'm seriously trying to avoid.

So let's stick with motorcycles and we'll be ok. Well, unless one of you yahoo's mount a 50 cal on yer FJ and start posting pics. Than I guess I'll have to shut the whole forum down or i'll have a mountain of PM's to read again.

There are some really great gun forums out there to post about guns. I belong to a few of em.

Archived