Any recommendations on power plug for the iPhone

• Premium Member
This is what I recommend. 6bc432f97d76382bba5a637899647591.jpg

I installed one on my 2014 Super Tenere. I removed the stock cigarette lighter outlet just like the one on our FJ-09's. However I got power off my FZ-1 Fuse Block. That way I made it constant power but could change it to switched power. I also used more appropriate wire for possible higher fuse rating. It works so well there that I just got another to install in my FJ-09.
YMMV
Brick

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Would this power a GPS sat-nav device OK? Thanks...  I'm referring to the item posted by brick, with a pic...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
I had previously used a USB adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet, but recently revised my approach to auxiliary power.

Now I'm using a USB adapter that plugs into the wiring for the Battery Tender, all mounted in the area under the rear seat where is stays clean and dry. I ran a 6 foot right-angle lightening cable under the bodywork down the left side of the bike, and tucked into the plastic trim right where my phone mount connects to the bars. Clean, simple, and easy to use.

31d6ed6b2a631adc0b69e8b1155a845e.jpg

1d96e8b5e8b6c474c546e8b2cc332d68.jpg

I believe Anker makes good stuff. I usually buy Rav power products for that kind of stuff including a few battery banks. All excellent.

Recently I got a GoPro and the 5 requires USB C so to take advantage of that, I ordered this.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E764DXM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I was reading on some other thread that the stock outlet was only rated for something small like 1 or 2 amps. So I have ordered this to put on the other side to run my own wires to for greater amperage.
Still waiting on it, hopefully it fits without too much trouble. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018WZI0P6/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Archived