i put a shinko on the rear of the fj

i gotta say, it's not bad at all.  given how smooth the torque curve is on the fj and the likes, the tire (shinko 009 raven) has a ton of grip and it already looks like it's gonna last me much, much longer than the q3 or the rosso 2 does.  i've only put 600 miles of twisties on it so far, but it's been a damn good 600 miles of twisties! i don't ride slow! :D

i wrote a full review on my blog about it here if you wanna see: http://4theriders.com/blog/youre-crazy-for-putting-a-shinko-on-your-bike/

20170618_162052-XL.jpg

i don't ride slow! :D 

This is a modest understatement. Happy to hear you're liking the Shinko. A lot of the guys on SCR really like their Shinko's. And they're no slouches either.

'15 FJ09

I use shinko verges on my gen2 vmax , and they are super sticky! I've always been a tire snob and have wanted the most expensive and the best. I have nothing bad to say about shinkos. Next set of tires on my fj will be shinkos

• 3 weeks later...
i've got 2200 miles on it so far and still holding strong!
Even with a little bit of oil soak too?
hahahahahahah!  gold! ahahahaha!

• Premium Member
I posted this question on your blog, but I'll post it here too:

Are you concerned at all about running completely different compounds front and back? Wouldn't their relative traction change with changes in wet and or temp, resulting in shifting front-rear traction balance? I know this is a concern with cars...is it not with bikes?

Are you concerned at all about running completely different compounds front and back? Wouldn't their relative traction change with changes in wet and or temp, resulting in shifting front-rear traction balance? I know this is a concern with cars...is it not with bikes?
I run basically whatever I can get my hands on. On track or street. Never had an issue.

'15 FJ09

This thread feels like a 12 step program. Hi, my name is Charles and I run Shinkos. There, I feel better. I have found that I get more mileage out of the 009 Verge than the Ravens and they stick too. However,
the 016 front that I tried, just once, was done on the sides in 2 k miles. Plenty of center tread left. That was disappointing.

I replied there and I'll reply here too! ;)

Not at all concerned. I typically run a stickier compound on the front and harder on the rear to maximize tire life, and have done so for hundreds of thousands of miles. :)

This thread feels like a 12 step program. Hi, my name is Charles and I run Shinkos. There, I feel better. I have found that I get more mileage out of the 009 Verge than the Ravens and they stick too. However, the 016 front that I tried, just once, was done on the sides in 2 k miles. Plenty of center tread left. That was disappointing.

*claps*

Good job, Charles. Good job. One day at a time.

Archived