Stock Seat Gel Pad insert Project

Well i thought i would try and make the stock seat a bit more comfy on the cheap before i spend a lot on custom made seat. Brought a gel pad from local store (luimoto) and now to try my hand at self install (what could go wrong) Will update on progress during the week (or not if it goes bad :) . If anyone has tried the same process please post any tips or if it even helped.

IMG_5881_1.jpg

Just watched their install video. It looks well thought out so I'm looking forward to your experiences.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Update: gel pad installed and all completed. Doing a 600km ride on saturday so will see how it works, just sitting on it feels nice, but lets see. Not a perfect install but not bad for first time. (next time i will pay $100 for them to install, but i was being cheap)

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

Update: gel pad installed and all completed. Doing a 600km ride on saturday so will see how it works, just sitting on it feels nice, but lets see. Not a perfect install but not bad for first time. (next time i will pay $100 for them to install, but i was being cheap) 

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

Looks pretty good from here!   (I'm assuming the bottom pic is of the gel-added final job).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

yes the bottom image is the seat completed with gel pad installed (looks same as stock) Hour long ride this morning proved very nice and no longer feel the vibrations in the seat, its a good start, long ride tomorrow will see how it really goes.

• Supporting Member
Good Job. The finished product came out very well. Hopefully the comfort is improved.
Just curious, why the straight lines? why not follow the contours of the stock seat?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have just ordered one of these gel seat pads from LUIMOTO, as I found the new Seat Concepts Touring seat kit less than satisfactory during my ~850km trial circuit last week.   I have an ~4500km trip north planned, departing August 10th, so I hope it arrives in time - if not, trip will be deferred.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Well i did the 1000km ride over 2 days last weekend. The gel is a improvement over stock for sure and at the start gave me about 2 hours before i started feeling some discomfort. It wasnt the magic fix i was looking for (riding all day in comfort , but it sure did help) i am 230 lbs so i think i still need extra foam under the gel and for sure i think i need to reshape the seat to make those sharp lines more curved. I do really like how it has removed most of the vibes i used to get in the seat.

Well i did the 1000km ride over 2 days last weekend. The gel is a improvement over stock for sure and at the start gave me about 2 hours before i started feeling some discomfort. It wasnt the magic fix i was looking for (riding all day in comfort , but it sure did help) i am 230 lbs so i think i still need extra foam under the gel and for sure i think i need to reshape the seat to make those sharp lines more curved. I do really like how it has removed most of the vibes i used to get in the seat.
good news - I await my gel pad insert...

bit off topic but I see a handful of postings about more comfort outta whatever seat...

You can go to a bicycle store and buy a pair of name brand padded bike shorts...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I have a pair of moto skiveez i ordered and now just waiting on.
Full front and back pix of you modelling them, kiwi!

Archived