Blank Key code

My hardware store had a rack of motorcycle blanks, and surprisingly, made me a couple of spares for my '17.
YH63
They look the same, (no plastic on them however, just the metal blank) and work fine.
  • Thanks 1

Not the American Bikes. No mandated Anti theft here unfortunately so no transponder.

It looks like a YH 46 which translates to a YM 57 for the Hillman keys. I work for a hardware chain and can get the keys easy I just want to get it right the first time.

• 4 years later...
  • Supporting Member

Where can you find the Key Code for our Yamaha Motorcycles. I don't mean the blank key to make a copy, but rather the code provided on a tag with the original keys at time of purchase. I don't have the tag and wonder if the code is on any of the locks on the bike? I did find something on the back side of the fuel cap... A number, a letter, and two more numbers, could this be it?

FWIW:- Replacement Yamaha part number for Niken key is 4BH-82511-09

cyclekeysonline.com

I have used this guy a couple times to make extra keys for my bikes. I usually like to have a couple of spares, one which I will secret away on the bike itself, just in case. These guys are fast and cheap. Just give them make model year and they will ship new keys in a day.

Just think: couldn’t do that with a chip key. I much prefer the dumb key to a chip or fob. My last Harley had only a fob. I never liked it. 

• Supporting Member

Yep, no PATS (passive anti theft system) on NA bikes.  The blank would work perfectly.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

I purchased a couple of blanks online and had my local ACE hardware store copy my original for $2 each. They work perfectly. I would still like to determine my key code.

Be aware the 15-17 year bikes have different keys to the 18+ models.

3 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I purchased a couple of blanks online and had my local ACE hardware store copy my original for $2 each. They work perfectly. I would still like to determine my key code.

The key blank for all three of my USA Yamahas is either an ILCO X248 or YM63.  I had spares cut for all which work great.

I don’t have the little key code tab for my OEM keys either.

Edited by whisperquiet

• Supporting Member

Well, it's good (increased security) but also bad (increased cost!).  I wonder if you can program your own PATS key if you have two of them like I can with a couple of my cars.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 2 weeks later...

My 2019 Tracer 900 GT has an immobilizer system. It comes with 2 regular use keys (with transponder) and a third "re-registration Key."  I assume that is a master key that is used to sync more copies.

My Canadian 2019 Tracer GT does not use transponder keys.  I bent one of my keys in the side case lock or the seat lock (not sure which) just yesterday, ran down today to the local locksmith and left 5 minutes later with two new keys (same as the one in the picture above) for a grand total of $8.00.  Works perfectly.  The code series for the blank is Yamaha A8001-8250. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1