IMPORTANT forum announcement

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will all the existing posts be transferred to the new forum software? How about the chat?
All of the posts, most of the pics and all of the PM's will be transferred over. Some of you will lose avatars, but most of them should transfer over.  
Chatbox from bottom of forum will not transfer over and we wont even have chatbox on new forum. It really doesnt hold any important info anyways.

This is taking a ton of hard work. Im staying up to about 2 am every night and then going to the day job at 8 am.

Im also up to about $2000 in cost as I have had to enlist some help creating a convertor to convert the SQL database so that nobody loses their posts, pm's or other important stuff.

I hate begging for money, as this is a free forum and it's my passion, I love reading your guys lives every day and knew that these forums would cost money when I created them.

But with that said, if anyone would like to donate to the expense of maintaining and now, converting to a better forum software, you can donate at the link below. My wife and kids say thanks! :)

paypal.me/forumdonations

If you don't wanna donate, no probs! But please consider clicking on the ebay, amazon or revzilla links above this forum in the menu bar and then buy some shet for your bike or gear. They kick me a tiny % back as a finder fee, as long as you don't have an ad blocker on.

Unlike "other" motorcycle forums, this forum isn't owned by a forum corporation with employees.This forum is owned by me, my wife and kids and three dogs.

We do our best to create a place that you can enjoy and trust. And we actually have better site security than those corporate owned forums

I promise, you will love the new software and being able to post from your phone.

I just tested uploading pics directly from iphone. easy peasy.

Tomorrow testing uploading pics from an android. Hopefully that wont require more code but if it does, I'll create it.

Thanks for helping us make this the greatest FJ-09 forum in the world. And wait to you se what I have been up to late at night. We think you will be blown away !

I hate getting something for nothing - 'nuthin' ain't worth nuthin' if it's free' - so I'm pleased that my many purchases from the FJ vendors Amazon, E Bay, and Revzilla helps.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

When Cruizin's re-jig of the Forum is being done I'd like to see a 'thanks' or 'thank you' response being added.   True, there is a 'thumbs up' icon which is almost as good in some circumstances, but since many folks here ask for help, advice, guidance, inspiration, whatever, and it is usually freely given, a specific 'thank you' might be well-used in response.   It is, when all's said and done, only good manners.   As our French freres say - 'toujours la polytechnique'.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

For a sneak peak of things to come, go check out the new forum at fz07.org

there are many changes to that site still to come. Like a dark option.

When you get there, click the paint brush up top and choose colors. Kinda cool!

Lots of bugs to work out on the new fz07 forum. So it will be at least a month or more until we change this site over.

We will work all the bugs out on that forum and things will go really smooth when we transfer this forum over!

Lots of bugs to work out on the new fz07 forum. So it will be at least a month or more until we change this site over. 
We will work all the bugs out on that forum and things will go really smooth when we transfer this forum over!
 Not to be too cynical, but I hope the words 'will' above are not too optimistic!   Bin there, done that... 

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, if you want to get a good look at what the new forum will look like, go visit fz07.org !

The dark theme is finished!

You can register there with your Facebook login!

Scroll all the way to the bottom left and click "theme" and change to the light theme. Check that out.

Click the paintbrush at top of the forum, you can change colors of the forum!

Click on browse, notice the "all activities" button. That replaces having separate buttons for rent posts or recent threads. Less clutter!

You can also click "custom activity streams" and make your own stream if you want a recent threads button in there!

I made the forum so that you guys can customize it almost any way you want it to be!

If viewing from a computer, the last 15 recent posts and the last 15 recent topics are listed on the right sidebar. If on a phone, it is on bottom of main forum page!

Take some time, register of fz07.org and play around, say hello, get to know the software so that it won't be frustrating when We make the switch!

It's better software, but you have to be open to learning it.

I hope to see most of you register and playing around and learning on fz07.org !

New forum is pretty nice but I wish "desktop view" would be permanent across tablet and phone...on my phone I must manually set it to desktop view, the simplified looking forum on my phone drives me nuts...that's just me...

the new little things such as the "reputation", diffrent "likes"...even the premium member fearures are kick butt!!!
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

New forum is pretty nice but I wish "desktop view" would be permanent across tablet and phone...on my phone I must manually set it to desktop view, the simplified looking forum on my phone drives me nuts...that's just me... 
the new little things such as the "reputation", diffrent "likes"...even the premium member fearures are kick butt!!!

How are u setting it to "desktop view"??

How are u setting it to "desktop view"??I am setting desktop view via the setting tab on Chrome webpage header in the upper right corner" the 3 little vertical dots"... Capture_2017-09-26-00-34-55.png-non desktop view

Capture_2017-09-26-00-35-20.png- desktop view

screenshot are of the "dark theme" aka err cave of the bear 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived