Brandon Cruise and Tenere Switch?

johnha1962

• Supporting Member
I'm not sure if the Tenere switch gear would work with that unit unless someone has produced a special wiring harness for it, When you order the MCCruise unit and plan on using the Tenere Switch gear, you also have to buy their special harness, which is a work of art, not something cobbled together in someone's basement. It looks like a factory wiring harness that you would buy from Yamaha.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

So the answer is no (but that's never stopped me before). I was the first to put an Audiovox unit on a V65 Sabre I set up as a sport tourer (Hondaline Full Fairing, Givi side and top cases) as well as a 1991 ST1100, even if they were vacuum actuated units. Cruise Control is truly the best mod I've ever done on any of my bikes.

Hope I can find the time to figure it out, it would be more useful to owners if the Brandon unit were still available. If I'm successful I will write it all up.

Possible but not easy. With enough time, patience, tracing and splicing it can be done for sure. McCruise is about as straight forward as you can get and I didn’t have the time so I paid the premium to get it. But if you have the time to figure it out, I’m sure it will be a fun project and if done right, the end product would be nearly indistinguishable from stock. Please do a write up of your results.

• Premium Member
I was the first to put an Audiovox unit on a V65 Sabre.
We have that in common.  I was the first to install one on the FJ.  It's the newer non-vacuum model, but still cable actuated.  Still working well after 3 years, which is why I haven't put any more effort into installing the Tenere switch block.  Had Brandon's CC unit been available at the time I did my install, I would have gone with his. 
[video src=https://youtu.be/xcifxI223UA]

• 4 months later...
Unfortunately original poster Brandon cruise controls are out of business, so you are out of luck on that route. McCruisin is definitely the way to go and worth the money if you are on the road for long periods of time. The OEM switch setup is absolutely a better look. I have the Brandon cruise setup and really wish I could do the OEM handlebar switch setup. Good luck with your decision.

Unfortunately original poster Brandon cruise controls are out of business, so you are out of luck on that route. McCruisin is definitely the way to go and worth the money if you are on the road for long periods of time. The OEM switch setup is absolutely a better look. I have the Brandon cruise setup and really wish I could do the OEM handlebar switch setup. Good luck with your decision.
I and some others have used a FJR or Super Ten switch setup on our Brandon cruise setup.  Look Here.  or at Mine.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived