Niken is coming

Another non-seller...
Whether the BMW 650 GT sold well or not was not the point. Someone asked if 15 inch tires could be found and I answered that they are easy to find as bikes such as the Bimmer use them.
Fully aware of that, findley - I can read!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Suzuki maxi scooters use the 15" wheel, too. Maybe it's a sweet spot for city bikes just like 17" wheel size is a sweet spot for sport bikes.

Seems like Yamaha is just trying to scale up what Piaggio is doing for smaller displacement. Given all the trikes around here, it's worth trying.

The Piaggio only has about 40 hp. It sells well in Europe but not around here. Too underpowered and those front wheels are too small and on top of that the engine is single cylinder - a thumper. David
I'd say that for a scooter, 40HP is no slouch. It's powered for intended use. CBR250 by comparison (also a single) is ~25hp (plenty of fun around town)... given a choice, I'd still jump on the CBR tongue.png .
The BMW C650 GT is 60hp and is twin cylinder.  A single cylinder anything sounds awful. 

Archived