Rare birds...

What shall we call 5 or more FJ-09 all riding together in a group?  
Anyone manage to capture the mating calls of these elusive bikes? ?

In the spirit of Christmas yet to come, and evoking the Christmas song 'Twelve Days of Christmas' - "five golden forks..."     
And the mating call may be heard as what sounds suspiciously like the riders wailing and crying out in pain on the stock seats!

Later edit: this recalls an event some 2½ years ago when I was one of a group of five (5) BMW R1200 R riders who did a wonderful eight (8) day tour around Tasmania on our bikes.   Globally, this particular BMW model is about as rare as the Tracer is these days here in Oz – in fact I believe that having five Rs together anywhere in the world may have been a record.   I coined the collective noun ‘a knock-out of Boxers’ to describe the group – but it didn’t catch-on! Pic below shows the group at a waterside stop – I’m second from right, travelling very light as always.

P1010641r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
Does this prove that (a) Tracers are as rare as Bentleys or (b) Bentleys are as common as Tracers? 
Discuss.

I'll see the occasional other FJ09 around the greater Houston area, usually out of the city limits on a weekend ride.   Bentley, however, must have had a liquidation sale around here...  they seem to be everywhere in my neck of suburbia.  

I bought the only one my local Yamaha dealer had in stock. It was a demo bike. As of the last time I went into the shop, about a month ago, he has yet to get another one in. I have not seen another one out in the wild. They are located right next to Fort Hood so they sell a ton of FZs and R6s to the soldiers.

I may have purchased his bike. grin.png 
Have seen a fair number of FJs here in Milwaukee. Not rare; not common. Then again I live in the Heart of Harley.

White with blue forks?
 A 2016, it's silver with gold. I haven't seen any U.S. bikes with the blue forks? 

Archived