Weak re-start

tray

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my 2015 fj 09:

- When i crank the bike for the first time everything goes as expected.

- if a turn off the bike and then after a few minutes I restart it, the engine is so weak almost like it is going to stall but then it begins to gradually work as normal...

Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
My 2015 has never had an issue starting or restarting for the 12k miles ridden. 

I'm no mechanic, but your issue does not sound normal, and shouldn't be normal, for any new motorcycle.

Mine starts on the button every time (2015, original battery) but if I ride for only a few minutes to pick up petrol for example, it idles slightly roughly on half-warm restart. I don’t think that’s anything to worry about as long as it starts.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I figured it was due to the half-warm aspect i.e. the fuelling map altering as it isn’t fully cold anymore, but as the engine isn’t fully warm the fuelling is slightly off.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I figure your cylinders will hold compression for a little bit after you turn off the engine, it might just be adding resistance when you start it the second time. I bet if you wait a while you wont have that problem.

Exactly. If I wait a few hours it starts as expected. Maybe you are right. To me is a little bit strange...

Maybe it just doesn't want to be turned off........ 
Leave it on and ride it, I'm sure that will solve the problem

Lol! I agree with you. But sometimes you have to turn it off or the wife might put all your stuff in trash bags and throw them to the middle of the road...

this is hard for us to help us pin point the problem, but we dont mind a challenge or two... is it possible we could get a video of the problem?

off the top of my head all I can think off is the Vapor Canister( CA bikes only) is full or its possible your running on bad gas(watery gas) if its been sittting and the fuel separated...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I understand that is dificult. Can be so many things. I have more problems with the bike so I will make some videos and then upload.

This weekend i will ride it and try to make a quality video. Thanks in advance for your help. smiley.png

EDIT: No vapor canister and only good fuel.

Lots of hard and cold start problems can happen if you don’t wait for the fuel pump to finish its 4 sec cycle before pressing the start button.

Key on, wait for pump, when it stops “priming”, press the start button.

Try that and report back.

There’s LOTS of possibilities, many of them are simple to rectify once we get some more info.

-Skip

Archived