Gas tank bracket question

rcinclt

Hey guys and gals,

Just got a used 2016 FJ with 4300 miles and took off the tank for the first time to access the ecu. Upon removing I noticed that the L bracket At the rear of the tank wiggled when I grabbed it. These are the two screws that actually attach to the tank not the subframe. The screws seem tight but the bracket moves. Is that a normal design feature?

Oh ok then nothing for me to worry about. Just got ecu flashed so headed home to put everything back together and see How much smoother the throttle will be.

I appreciate it. I don’t post much because I subscribe to the old “the person with the least knowledge should speak the least and listen the most” but I will definitely be on this site a lot reading, learning, And being entertained.

• Supporting Member
Hey guys and gals, 
Just got a used 2016 FJ with 4300 miles and took off the tank for the first time to access the ecu.
Dont forget, since you have a '16 model, you can adjust the APS for further smoothing of the on/off fueling. From the factory, most bikes are set to 17 and lowering that value to 12 or 13 DRAMATICALLY smooths out the throttle.  Give it a shot, its free.  If you hate it, just set it back to normal.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Don't be afraid to ask questions. We're not going to blast the unholy phuck out of you for asking a question that has been brought up before. Typically... lol
Or you could use the search feature on the bar at the top of the screen (below the Red FJ-09.org emblem) 
I learned more using that than anything else. Bonus you don't have to wait for someone to read and post an answer to your questions. 90%+ of questions have already been asked/answered.

Archived