• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

It’s baaaaack... Z50 returns as Honda Monkey

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
I suspect that a huge number of us got our motorcycling start on one of the indestructible Honda minibikes: Z50, Trail 50/70, et cetera.

Well, it’s coming back to the US market, and I couldn’t be happier.

caeab0f3e470603fa8530b2832d1ca03.png

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/monkey.aspx?forcedesktop=true

All modern updates to the classic platform... ABS on a Z50??? Well, Z125, but you get the point... Economics be damned, I want one.

I’ve already warned the wife that by New Year’s Day 2020, expect the garage to have my FJ, a Kawasaki H2 SX, and a Honda Monkey. Plus whatever other ongoing projects find their way back to my home for wayward and orphaned motorcycles, of course.

one is going in my garage in the near future... already spent many years moding pitbikes, you would be surprised how much fun they can be in the woods vs dirt bikes ?...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
already spent many years moding pitbikes, you would be surprised how much fun they can be in the woods vs dirt bikes ?...

Thats the truth, I have a full sized YZ250 2 stroke set up for woods riding, but have ridden smaller TTR 125's, CRF 150's, RMZ 125, TTR 230's and CRF 230's in the woods and they are a BLAST!! 

There is no way I could ride my YZ in the woods to its potential without killing myself, but wringing a smaller bike out and riding it as hard as you can is just too much fun.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

already spent many years moding pitbikes, you would be surprised how much fun they can be in the woods vs dirt bikes ?...

Thats the truth, I have a full sized YZ250 2 stroke set up for woods riding, but have ridden smaller TTR 125's, CRF 150's, RMZ 125, TTR 230's and CRF 230's in the woods and they are a BLAST!! 

There is no way I could ride my YZ in the woods to its potential without killing myself, but wringing a smaller bike out and riding it as hard as you can is just too much fun.

the biggest thing anyone can do with them pitbikes is put a known brand name carb on- not the copies they come with...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

+1 on the Super Cub which appears to be another variant Honda can wedge some of those parts into.

When the day comes that I am surrounded by Golden Ocelots hooning around in golf carts I'll be the Bad Boy chasing them on the Super Cub.

Archived