Hello Everyone

vince82

Hy guys!
I used to have a FZS600 (the FZ06 with carburetors) and I loved it! Rode about 70.000km on it back and forth the Italian Appennini mountain range. Sadly (not really) I then had kids and had to sell it at the end of 2013 smiley.png

A few years passed, kids now can stay with a nanny from time to time, we chanced country (now BC - Canada), and I am finally now looking for a new bike and the Tracer 900 GT is likely gonna be the one, so here I am grin.png
Can't shake the monkey off my shoulders so I decided to come here and read a bit about your adventures.. 

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum and to BC, @vince82. I'm in Vancouver and there are quite a few FJs around town.

Haven't heard if/when we might be getting any Tracer GTs in this part of the world, though, so hopefully you've got a plan for that part.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ring if you have any questions.

Haven't heard if/when we might be getting any Tracer GTs in this part of the world, though, so hopefully you've got a plan for that part.
They haven't arrived yet but the sales are open. They should be here in a couple weeks, I've been told.

Or I might also look for a used one, found a 2015 with bags smiley.png Any known issue/problem with the 2015 model?
Clutch cable is the biggest non-recall issue. I've got a '15 and love it. Albeit I've only got 53xx miles, others have thousands and thousands.

'15 FJ09

How is it suspensions wise? I know the GT got upgraded significantly (remote shock preload is sweet!), and there are a bunch of aftermaket fork and shock upgrades available for the FJ09, which I expect it means it suffers from the same problems the FZ6s had (they were absolutely GREAT bikes, but a bit on the soft side and with no regulations available)..

How is it suspensions wise? I know the GT got upgraded significantly (remote shock preload is sweet!), and there are a bunch of aftermaket fork and shock upgrades available for the FJ09, which I expect it means it suffers from the same problems the FZ6s had (they were absolutely GREAT bikes, but a bit on the soft side and with no regulations available)..
How well the stock suspension performs for you is going to depend a lot on your size. I am 240lbs(109kg) and I was way outside the capabilities of the stock suspension so I recently upgraded to a razor r shock in the rear and got some heavier springs and such in the front.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Supporting Member
How is it suspensions wise?
You will probably get a wide range of opinions on this, but my personal experience is that the stock FJ09 suspension is marginally adequate at best. Investing in significant suspension upgrades absolutely transforms this bike... there’s actually a really competent sport bike hiding inside there. I went the Ohlins 535 & Racetech route, but there are several other proven options.

I can’t speak to the improved suspension on the GT. My guess is it will ‘good enough’ for many (most?) buyers, but still will leave room for improvement.

It’s an awesome bike, whether you start with an FJ, or go directly for the new GT. There are still brand new FJs to be found for less than $8k across the country... for me, that would be a very tempting option.

• Supporting Member
How is it suspensions wise? I know the GT got upgraded significantly (remote shock preload is sweet!)

I looked at the GT at the dealership on Tuesday.  Yes, it has remote preload adjuster, but it is still the same low budget shock, with only rebound damping adjustment.  I have heard that Norwest Suspension can perform surgery on the stock shock and make a noticeable improvement. 

For the forks, at a minimum I would get the correct spring rate for your weight ($75-90-ish).  Of course you could step up from there and get dramatically improved suspension, all depending on how much you are willing to spend.
For me, I always improve the suspension first and then worry about the exhaust ...never.  Killer suspension will get you thousands more smiles per miles than any other mod.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived