Oil-Filter Insides Exposed

Nice!

Now how about a comparison to other (cheap, orange, burple etc) oil filters?

Then all these people that bitch about paying an extra 5 bucks for an OEM filter can really see that you get what you pay for with oil filters. ?

-Skip

• Premium Member
Well it's been far too long since we have had a thread on the pros/cons/rants about oil filters

Search is your friend folks, you can find it ALL here on the forum without wasting the $10-15 it cost to sacrifice that oil filter you just dissected

Well it's been far too long since we have had a thread on the pros/cons/rants about oil filters 
Search is your friend folks, you can find it ALL here on the forum without wasting the $10-15 it cost to sacrifice that oil filter you just dissected
Clearly you missed the used oil running out of it. Maybe you should have "searched" for a topic to contribute to rather than just throw insults around.

the issue isn't the element as such (sure, they vary in quality, materials, construction) but that the bypass valve allows unfiltered oil to go back into the engine. 20 years ago there might have been "crappy" filters especially those with out of spec threads (Emgo?) but a decent filter is what 8-12 bucks and an expensive one is $20? Cost per mile or cost per hour is so small there is no economy to be had IMO. If you want to check your engine health get an analysis done.

Clearly you missed the used oil running out of it. Maybe you should have "searched" for a topic to contribute to rather than just throw insults around.
Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

'15 FJ09

The road is littered with the shattered remains of the bikes whose riders chose [Emgo/Fram/etc], used [whatever car oil is on sale that isn't EC2+], didn't use oil analysis, and didn't cut open their filters.

It's a lesson to us all.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here.
I think people should just filter out any threads they don’t want to read.  

[see what I did there? filter? Pah, tough crowd]

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I think people should just filter out any threads they don’t want to read.  

[see what I did there? filter? Pah, tough crowd]
I enjoyed that. I love a good (terrible) pun!

'15 FJ09

Archived