Trying to find suspension tutorial

crempel

[span]I’ve been searching for a few days for something. I have ordered a fork cartridge kit from Pattonme. The one made from stock bits. He tells me that someone on this forum put together a pretty good photo tutorial of the installation. Can anybody help me find this?   [/span]

Consult youtube, there are some good videos out there.

You will need a few special tools which I'm sure Matt already told you about.

Check your PMs

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member

Matt could put together a video... similar to 
, for at least his biggest DIY seller tongue.png . I am sure some would take on the work... preferring to avoid having to ship their legs out for an extended period.
That is an awesome video, I don’t need fork service but I watched the whole thing. Very informative. 

He he makes all sorts of videos for the FZ and the FJR, all of them are worth a watch. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks guys. I imagine there is little if any difference in the installation procedure between Matt”s kit and the Andreani?
Basically none. The only notable difference is indicated here in the pic. The spacer goes in cross-hatch up instead of nested. 

2017-02-26_11.34.58.jpg

This is written for a FZ07 cartridge install but the broad strokes still apply.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww3dqs61v8zl23a/Cartridge%20Installation%20for%20damper-rod%20bikes.pdf

I'm not one for making videos, but when I finally accumulate the spare $$$ for Forks-By-Matt I'll be happy to write up a tutorial. That will likely be winter though as I just bought a trailer...

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
when I finally accumulate the spare $$$ for Forks-By-Matt I'll be happy to write up a tutorial.

You're going to LOVE the new forks...Just sayin'. 

Match those with a Penske double clicker or similar shock and get ready for smiles!!
On a road trip last week, I swapped bikes with a buddy who has stock suspension and I have Forks by Matt and a Penske, after riding mine for about an hour all he could say was how it felt like a completely different bike.  When we got back from the trip he immediately called Stoltec (forum vendor) and ordered some new goodies!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
I swapped bikes with a buddy who has stock suspension and I have Forks by Matt and a Penske, after riding mine for about an hour all he could say was how it felt like a completely different bike
Ha! I rode a stock 2017 at the Yamaha demo days a few months back, and had the same revelation, just in a reverse direction. I’m so used to how well my bike handles that I had forgotten how flaccid the stock setup is.

When the Yamaha rep spied the Ohlins on my FJ, he laughed and said “yeah, you may not enjoy riding this one as much...” :)

I'm not one for making videos, but when I finally accumulate the spare $$$ for Forks-By-Matt I'll be happy to write up a tutorial. That will likely be winter though as I just bought a trailer...
I've got a step by step written up but no pictures... all the way down to replacing seals and bushings

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived