• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Picked up a husky 501

suitedsevens

Waltzed into the local ktm/husqvarna dealership today just to peek around and see what kinda deals were kicking around... and bought a 2018 fe501 (2019 is almost identical and better deals on 18s) . I'm picking it up in a week planning on having the dealership swap the rubber for some more dirt friendly stuff so it's ready to rip. Also planning on snobiking this thing in the winter. smiley.png 

Husqvarna_FE501.jpg

'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest highplainsrider
I'm jealous. I really like that bike. I'm thinking about a 701 Supermotard with an extra set of dirt tires when I decide to move on from the FJ. Or maybe the Tenere 700 if it ever gets released.

A 701 motard would be a hoot. They had the 701 vitpilen on the floor very cool looking bike.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

Nice. I had a KTM 500 EXC that is practically the same bike. So much power, but easily modulated in the dirt. Great bike. Have fun!
That's awesome. Honestly wasn't too picky about which brand I got just happened the place had a couple 2018 501's and no exc's.  

• 2 weeks later...
Well the bike died a mile from my house on the maiden voyage last night. Had to push it partly uphill back to the house through wildfire smoke, yuck. Omw back to the dealership with the bike shortly pretty displeased with husqvarna so far we'll see how this shakes out.

That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. On a bike that new, it's probably something simple. It does have gas right? haha

But seriously, likely the tech that set it up didn't get a connector on all the way or something dumb.

'15 FJ09

That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. On a bike that new, it's probably something simple. It does have gas right? haha 
But seriously, likely the tech that set it up didn't get a connector on all the way or something dumb.
Apparently it's not simple at all. Totally blown motor...

They do not know what exactly went wrong but they drained the oil and it's carnage. 1.1 miles! 

Manager assured me ktm is going to make things right. Wondering what kinda farkles I should try and squeeze out of the deal.

Archived