GT side case size?

krillz

As I sit in the garage waiting for the phone to ring, from Yamaha saying come get your bike Sir. (Every time the phone rings and it’s not the dealership I want to destroy whom ever it is for messing with my emotions). I’m adjusting shelves in the garage to hold the hard side cases instead of my soft FZ luggage but don’t know the dimensions to adjust my metro rack. Do any of you kind folks have such information? Heigh width depth. Thanks in advance.

The measurements are (rounded up to allow for a bit of 'wiggle room')

Height (with handle folded flat)16"

Length (front of bike to back) 23"

Depth 10"

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Cheers
Steve

The measurements are (rounded up to allow for a bit of 'wiggle room') 
Height (with handle folded flat)16"

Length (front of bike to back) 23"

Depth 10"

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the fast reply. Greatly appreciate it. I’ve been waiting since 7/20 when I ordered it. Traded my FZ on the 24th. Been riding my DRZ400SM to keep me level.

Been riding my DRZ400SM to keep me level.
Sounds like the perfect bookend to your new GT. Congrats in advance... do you have an anticipated delivery date?

I do not. Wish I did. Dude said August. I cried a little. I mean how long can it take? ?

Sounds like the perfect bookend to your new GT. Congrats in advance... do you have an anticipated delivery date?
I do not. Wish I did. Dude said August. I cried a little. I mean how long can it take? ?
That's nothing krillz, test rode a FJ-09 in October 2017, loved it, was persuaded by The Dealer to order the GT900, picked it up on the 25th May 2018......Talk about agony!!  smiley.png

Cheers
Steve

That's nothing krillz, test rode a FJ-09 in October 2017, loved it, was persuaded by The Dealer to order the GT900, picked it up on the 25th May 2017.......Talk about agony!!  :) 
Cheers
Steve

Bro, that’s rough.

• Supporting Member
@krillz - The waiting really is the hardest part...

Where are you located? Since you mentioned trading an FZ, I’m assuming you’re somewhere in the U.S. Supply of the GTs seems to be getting better, but I guess it’s still region and dealer specific.

@krillz - The waiting really is the hardest part...  
Where are you located? Since you mentioned trading an FZ, I’m assuming you’re somewhere in the U.S. Supply of the GTs seems to be getting better, but I guess it’s still region and dealer specific.

I am in North Carolina. I see the bikes making its way from West to East at dealers. Slowly but surely. It wouldn’t be so bad if I knew a date. Anxiety kills me, I’m painting the house, tending the yard, killing time. I took my Kayak out for a morning fish and thought of the bike the whole damn time. I ride the crap out of the DRZ and also my KX250 (still 2 stroking) but the pain is real.

Hey guys,

North Carolina here also... I am seriously considering this bike for a commuter. Do you have the inside diameters of the cases? I'm really trying to see what size laptops would fit. I have a 17" laptop that I would need to commute with back and forth. The laptop is in a leather bag, but my particular bag is designed for a 15" laptop and mine just barely squeezes into the bag. So in my case, the bag is not significantly larger than the laptop outer dimensions. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have DRZ400s' also.  

Hey guys, 
North Carolina here also... I am seriously considering this bike for a commuter. Do you have the inside diameters of the cases? I'm really trying to see what size laptops would fit. I have a 17" laptop that I would need to commute with back and forth. The laptop is in a leather bag, but my particular bag is designed for a 15" laptop and mine just barely squeezes into the bag. So in my case, the bag is not significantly larger than the laptop outer dimensions. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have DRZ400s' also.  
I have a laptop that measures 17.5" diagonally and it will fit (placed horizontally) in FJR bags, but I seriously doubt it would fit into FJ/GT bags with their narrower lid. riscchip , look for a PM from me as well. 
Keep Asheville weird!

Hi riscchip, 
Just tried it for you and no your laptop isn't going to fit in the standard GT cases.

You'll need to get bigger FJR panniers or some other aftermarket bags.

Cheers
Steve

Or a 50 liter top box. I like top boxes far more than side cases for commuting. 

Thanks, guys. Looks like the price of the bike is going up... A top box is a good idea. I agree with the commuting comment due to the extra width of side cases, but I think the top boxes just look a little funny. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks, @bowlin01 for actually testing it out for me.

I’d ride with the cases off and laptop in a book bag. I work in a warehouse and commute in full gear. I leave my footware there all week and fresh pants/shorts ride with my lunch in the back pack. Nothing like meatloaf scented pants. But I’m weird so!

Archived