Tracer GT indicators

krillz

• 4 weeks later...
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. The part that sucks is people can't see these lights at all. I've had a few people randomly honking at me thinking I just stopped in the middle of the road. They look cool on the bike but I think bigger indicators would be better.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Where did you get them from, look nice. Did you fir a new relay? Thanks, ride safe

I got them from TST. Came as a kit. No splicing, plug and play. They are for the MT-09 but fit perfectly. I did get a new relay. Nothing to it. Separating the “wing” is tricky with the toothed lock washers.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. The part that sucks is people can't see these lights at all. I've had a few people randomly honking at me thinking I just stopped in the middle of the road. They look cool on the bike but I think bigger indicators would be better.

Mine are pretty bright. I haven’t had any complaints.

[span style=font-size:12pt][video src=https://youtu.be/CsXtfl4jtq0]

Here's mine which might be a little different. My two riding partners said they had no idea when I was turning with these on and my wife was following me one day and said the same. Mine might be a little different AND I have some really obnoxious stopping lights so maybe that diverts that attention from the blinkers as well. [/span]
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

No point at all having any lights on a bike if they cannot be readily seen by other road users!   Style, looks, appearance - all else fails if the lights are all-but invisible.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Please show us what they look like out in the bright sun and standing 5 seconds at 50mph away feet from the bike (250 feet). I can make a candle look that bright or brighter.  I'm not trying to be negative.  I would like to see constructive illustrations and specs that prove these turn signals are fantastic (cause I may want them, esp. if they are plug and play Yamaha products).

xIkKDBe.jpg?1

These kind of pictures don't tell the truth.  Exposure time, aperture settings, film speed (iso/asa) all can be adjusted and most of our camera do that for us.  I did nothing to the setting on the candle, yet it is very bright because the background was dark, same for the garage picture.  You will do yourself and us a big favor if you park the bike outside, in the sunlight, and walk away from it down the street with the flashers going.  Do that with the standard turn signals and with the led turn signals and note at which distance you couldn't tell if they were flashing or at which distance you couldn't see them.  That kind of information would be beneficial because then we would know if they were effective, like we know our led headlights are just about the best headlights on the market.

A normal turn signal puts out about 400 lumens, how many lumens do these turn signals put out.  If they are led's they should put out about 600-800 and that would make them brighter then the old standard filament bulbs.  I can't find the output so the walking down the street is my only suggestion that I think would work.  Thanks for looking into a better solution and sharing with use what you have found.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived