Footpeg is... drooping?

angrygirafe

This week I've notice my left peg seemed to have developed a sort of downward slope. This evening, I confirmed it using incredibly precise measurement tools and flawless procedures. The insides of the mounts are definitely worn, and the inside end of the left peg travels further than the right before the mount catches it, but I hadn't noticed anything until this week. Nothing broken or warped. Just appears to be worn. Curious if this is normal. As far as abnormal use, I'm too scared to drag pegs, and I'm tall enough I rarely ever stand on the left peg when mounting; usually only if it's on the center stand with cases attached. I do stand on both pegs occasionally to stretch. Bike is a hair shy of 30k miles.

Also, replacement. I'm assuming new pegs, and the mounts as well? Maybe an upgrade opportunity.

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

most do drop a little when in use especially if your a big fella.
david jeffries his pegs used be knackered after a race and it wasn't a little droop.
the pegs are aluminium so will wear easily..
he was a big lad but sadly was killed at the Isle of man TT races.
only cure is to fit another peg.
those Chinese make are good and value for money.

most do drop a little when in use especially if your a big fella. david jeffries his pegs used be knackered after a race and it wasn't a little droop.
the pegs are aluminium so will wear easily..
he was a big lad but sadly was killed at the Isle of man TT races.
only cure is to fit another peg.
those Chinese make are good and value for money.

Thanks for the info! Though at 6’3” and 165lbs, I’m more often accused of being a bean pole than a big fella ? I guess I’ll just chalk it up to accelerated normal wear. I may look for some options that could move the pegs back a little bit as long as I’m replacing them.

Maybe all that shifting we do causes the left peg to wear faster!

I am regularly short-shifting my FJ cause the trans ratios are so close.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 3 weeks later...
After looking at every aftermarket peg and rearset on the planet, and admitting I don’t actually mind the stock pegs, I opted for a temp solution of JB Kwik Weld. It’s back to level, and after a couple days riding, it’ll do for now I’ll probably just swap with a replacement factory assembly soon. I may swap rearsets eventually, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot options. 

4_E2111_B4-7358-4907-_BE3_C-620782_D32_E55.jpg

if you can weld, either build a bead up on the pegs or the bracket- grind down to get em level

or drill and tap small small bolt into peg or bracket- grind to get level...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

if you can weld, either build a bead up on the pegs or the bracket- grind down to get em level 
or drill and tap small small bolt into peg or bracket- grind to get level...

I wish I could weld. I don’t think my soldering abilities would be as effective. ?

It’s back to level enough for now, and the thirty bucks for a new peg isn’t too bad. My impression is it’s the hole the rivet is through that’s wearing, given the play of the peg. The bracket and peg didn’t show much sign of wear, so I’m assuming it’s just going to keep getting worse faster.

Archived