new 700cc Tracer GT

P1040770.jpg

Welcome to the newly-introduced (at INTERMOT) MT-07 Tracer GT.   A parallel-twin but looking very much like its bigger sib, it's sure to add to the appeal of the Tracer brand.   It's also sure to add to the confusion of what the Tracer name stands for... but I quite like it, though the marvellous performance of the 900cc triple will certainly not be matched in the 700.   Seat looks plush and comfy though!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I would pass on this and go for the T-7 ... the -07 motors have a hard time pushing the bike past 105-110mph without feeling outta breath to me- unless the airbox gets serious upgrades... the -09 motors can easily push double the national speed limit of 70-75mph...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member

It's also sure to add to the confusion of what the Tracer name stands for... but I quite like it

Agreed.  Its been available in other parts of the world for a few years and I was hoping it would make it to the shores of the USA.  I always liked the body panels of the 07 Tracer, they look more refined and thought out than the 09.
I wonder if this '19 model 07 will have the added features of the GT 900 with heated grips and cruise control?

The older '17 model got a Very Favorable Review.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

It's also sure to add to the confusion of what the Tracer name stands for... but I quite like it

Agreed.  Its been available in other parts of the world for a few years and I was hoping it would make it to the shores of the USA.  I always liked the body panels of the 07 Tracer, they look more refined and thought out than the 09.
I wonder if this '19 model 07 will have the added features of the GT 900 with heated grips and cruise control?

The older '17 model got a Very Favorable Review.

Thanks for the review, betoney: pretty nice!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Definitely a budget bike. It's got conventional forks. It had better be priced stupid low to succeed.
It will be very interesting to see relative pricing: 900 GT: non-GT 900 Tracer: Tracer 700 GT. 

Archived