New guy from Massachusetts

Just picked up a new 2017 FJ 09 leftover. I'm 62 from Massachusetts. I got hit in a parking lot on May 14 and totaled my 6 week old XSR900. I ended up in trauma center with a broken sternum and knee. Took me until now to be able to bend my knee enough to ride. Still have a lot of pain but the joy of riding helped me to ignore it. Was great to be out riding again today. I love these Yamaha triples.

Just picked up a new 2017 FJ 09 leftover. I'm 62 from Massachusetts. I got hit in a parking lot on May 14 and totaled my 6 week old XSR900. I ended up in trauma center with a broken sternum and knee. Took me until now to be able to bend my knee enough to ride. Still have a lot of pain but the joy of riding helped me to ignore it. Was great to be out riding again today. I love these Yamaha triples.
WOW! Glad you're recovering.  Good for you to get back on the bike.  Like you, I love the CP3.  I went from a 2014 FZ that got totaled, after just 7 months, thanks to a deer jumping in front of me to a 2015 FJ.  Find it to be all that the FZ was and more. 
Enjoy your new ride!

• Supporting Member
@chesterburnet - Welcome, and enjoy the new FJ! Sorry to hear about the premature demise of your XSR, and glad to hear you’re healing up & back on two wheels. The orthopedic doctors may disagree, but I can’t think of any better physical therapy.

• Supporting Member
@chesterburnet - The orthopedic doctors may disagree, but I can’t think of any better physical therapy.
+1.  I also totaled my previous bike hitting a deer and my passion for riding got me back in the saddle again, both physically and psychologically. 

I previously had a Gen II FZ1 that was set up almost like my current FJ, full suspension mods, Dyno tune by 2WDW, side bags, S/T screen etc. that bike handled like a dream, I still miss it. 

@chesterburnet - Glad and to hear that you made it through ok and are back on 2 wheels. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Great to have you with us Chesterburnet.

But you guys and your deer stories are freaking me out.

I regularly ride up country roads at 70 mph and always worry about deer but think I'll never see one...OMG.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Archived