Thinking about an ECU Flash, now's the time

• Premium Member
Why reflash this bike , the fueling seems fine to me ??
It depends on what year you have. The 2015 definitely has some fueling defects, especially around 3500-5000rpm which can make smooth riding in traffic difficult.

Even if that isn't an issue for you, some people like to have standard parameters modified: default to A mode, remove the top speed limiter, etc.

Vcyclenut.com has them for $200 and free return shipping for this month. Benefits of the flash are:

Fuel Changes to match your modifications (ie exhaust or air filter)

Ignition timing for better throttle response and more power

Customizing all 3 throttle modes

Disabling the speed limiter

Disabling the AIS

Disabling injector decal cut

Option to start in A mode

Disable o2 sensor or closed loop fueling

lower fan temp activation

Decrease engine braking on initial roll off

Enabling a quick shifter (up shift only)

*The flash has no effect on the factory quick shifter*

https://www.vcyclenut.com/store/p2/2014-2018__FZ%2FFJ-09%2FXSR900_custom_flash.html

Why reflash this bike , the fueling seems fine to me ??
It depends on what year you have. The 2015 definitely has some fueling defects, especially around 3500-5000rpm which can make smooth riding in traffic difficult. 
Even if that isn't an issue for you, some people like to have standard parameters modified: default to A mode, remove the top speed limiter, etc.
I have a 2016 and the first one I had was a 2015. The 16 felt a bit faster and the fueling is better, brakes alot better. The only mods I did on this bike was suspension and the seat. I don't need the top speed limiter removed since I don't go over a 100 on this bike anyway. My need for speed is satisfied with my Suzuki , my FJ is my touring -lazy bike

• Premium Member
I definitely notice the stumbly 3500-5000rpm fueling during my commute, especially in STD mode. It's not as bad in A and B mores, but those aren't default. I wouldn't say it's terrible, but definitely noticable and unpleasant. Really, I can't believe I've tolerated it all this time.

Anyway, you asked why people would do it and I gave you some reasons. Maybe they don't apply to you; I'm also in the camp of "115mph is fast enough" but the other benefits are attractive.

Archived