Dynaplug tire plug system

• Premium Member

Just want to put in a plug for this product.  Used it for first time yesterday, and it’s simple.  Designed for holes not slices or gouges, on tire tread not sidewall.

Very compact and light.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member

Third thumbs up. I have plugged a tire on my FJ-09 and one on my car. I rode another 2500 miles on the FJ-09 after plugging and I am still driving the car on the plugged tire.

The main thing to be aware of is that the hole needs to be big enough to push the head of the plug into. I found that shoving a screw into the hole to open it up helped to install the plug. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Just be aware, guys, that one or two of the little CO2 cylinders are not enough to get the tyre up to a safe riding pressure.   You'll need at least five or six.   But of course, they are quite cheap, so buy plenty of spares at the same time.  Just FYI..  And another thing - you'll need a tool of some kind to pull out any screw, nail, whatever, that's embedded in the tyre - fingers alone won't do it!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just been tidying up the scattering of tools under my seat and trying to just have a few to cope with simple roadside issues. For anything else I’ll call a recovery service.  I ended up with them all in this Kriega bag under the seat, after cutting the plastic lip off and removing the OEM tool bag and strap.

Just a heads up for those with CO2 cylinder repair kits. In mine it came with a flexible tube for linking the CO2 cartridges to the tyre valve (circled in red on the second image).This has no valve in it, so when you remove the first cylinder to use another one (you’ll need about five) you lose some of the gas as you screw on the second cylinder. So, I bought a valve for the purpose, about £4 on ebay, circled in blue on the image. This stops you wasting any CO2. You may want to check whether your kit has one.

By the way, I’ve never had to use one (yet) so this is based on reading rather than experience. For times when I have luggage on the bike I carry a small compressor that fits my battery tender lead: this is just for day tripping with no luggage, which is the vast majority of my riding.

34EBBB0E-3803-4F2F-91EE-404C07FF5441.jpeg

9086D031-5FB2-4454-88BF-5E7DA5FB7572.jpeg

C7B53A80-C5D2-4E1A-B6EE-49F765710033.jpeg

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Very Nice set up.

Forgive my being nosy, but what's in the plastic bag aft of the tool kit?

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

5 hours ago, nhchris said:

Forgive my being nosy, but what's in the plastic bag aft of the tool kit

A set of ROK straps for tying down anything suitable onto the rear seat (unplanned shopping, raingear if the weather dries etc). They sit in the bag to keep them dry and from roaming around and tangling.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived