Do Michelin tires ever go on sale?

I'm due for a new set of tires in the spring. I've been watching for a sale on Michelin Road 5 and Pilot Road 2 tires since late summer. The price hasn't changed at all - even during times that other motorcycle items have gone on sale. Should I just order now or will they go on sale sometime this winter or early spring? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member

I watch tire prices regularly and usually pick up an extra set when they offer rebates, I dont know that Michelin tires ever go on sale.  Since the Road 5 is one of the most expensive tires made its a good thing that they offer decent mileage.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 minutes ago, betoney said:

Since the Road 5 is one of the most expensive tires made its a good thing that they offer decent mileage.

And that's the key - I am planning a Dempster Highway trip in June, so looking to get the best tires I can that will last from Wisconsin to the Yukon and back. I'm planning to change to TKC80's for the Dempster. 

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, kmev said:

And that's the key - I am planning a Dempster Highway trip in June, so looking to get the best tires I can that will last from Wisconsin to the Yukon and back. I'm planning to change to TKC80's for the Dempster. 

Don't rule out the Dunlop Roadsmart 3, and the Dunlops definitely go on sale through out the year.

I fitted a pair of PR4s to my last Tracer - outstanding, and what a difference to the OE Dunlops.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

9 hours ago, betoney said:

Don't rule out the Dunlop Roadsmart 3, and the Dunlops definitely go on sale through out the year.

8 hours ago, micah2074 said:

I buy a set or two of Dunlop’s every spring. Every year for the last several they’ve had  a $40 to $50 rebate per set. 

You know, I have considered this. I'll get almost 9,000 miles out of the OEM Dunlops, which would be sufficient mileage for the trip. I have been pretty happy with the stock tires, but the rear is pretty squared off at this point. I've read that the Michelin Road 5s keep a round profile longer. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

I’ve been getting around 16k miles out of the road smart 3’s. 

That's incredible, I have almost hit 10k twice, usually mine are shot around 9k.

7 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

Now,  I put a cross country trip or two on most sets and multiple 500++ days. 

YMMV

That's my riding style too, so that just reinforces the decision! In your experience, after how many miles does the RS3 began to get a very square profile on the rear?

• Premium Member

They have some deep tread. They will be noticeably squared at 10k. But I still have some life in them. This is my current rear. It has about 12k on it. It’s had more slab miles than my others. 

2CA0E267-6F75-4D37-A083-9AD92FD08C33.jpeg

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, kmev said:

The Roadsmart 3 might be my next tire. When do the rebates start?

Usually in spring and fall.  I try to keep an eye out for rebates and have posted them on here many times in the past.

Archived