Scorpion Exhaust

captfire22

Hi, I was looking for the Scorpion slip on muffler - Serket Taper RYA101SEO - on the Kimpex web site, they only have the complete system and its on sale for $800.00 if anyone is interested.  I emailed them to find out if they have the muffler only (half system) and they got back to me today to let me know that they are dropping the Scorpion line.

• Supporting Member

@captfire22  You can still order the slip-on from the U.K.

This vendor was the cheapest I could find, total price with shipping and banks foreign transaction fee's was $475 (for the titanium model).  Once shipped, it took 5 days to deliver from the U.K.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 hours ago, betoney said:

@captfire22  You can still order the slip-on from the U.K.

This vendor was the cheapest I could find, total price with shipping and banks foreign transaction fee's was $475 (for the titanium model).  Once shipped, it took 5 days to deliver from the U.K.

Thanks for the heads up on that vendor.  Just had a look and with todays exchange the cost is around $565 including shipping. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 7:06 PM, captfire22 said:

Hi, I was looking for the Scorpion slip on muffler - Serket Taper RYA101SEO - on the Kimpex web site, they only have the complete system and its on sale for $800.00 if anyone is interested.  I emailed them to find out if they have the muffler only (half system) and they got back to me today to let me know that they are dropping the Scorpion line.

Any concerns that this comes in so many pieces? I mean, isn't it preferable for the header and mid-pipe to be one piece?

Good price for a full exhaust, but not sure of the design (but I am admittedly no expert!)

Rob

1 hour ago, rlambke19 said:

Any concerns that this comes in so many pieces? I mean, isn't it preferable for the header and mid-pipe to be one piece?

Good price for a full exhaust, but not sure of the design (but I am admittedly no expert!)

Rob

I agree about all the pieces, I will not be going with it because of that.  I want only the slip on, but since I came across the great pricing I threw it out for us to see.  I personally really like the look of the stock header, kind of makes me think of the collectors on the side headers on the mid 70's stingrays - always thought those looked very cool.

2 hours ago, piotrek said:

It is just one extra piece (mid-pipe). The OE system has an integrated hanger, so you will have a new hanger with whatever system you're buying. There is effort involved in prepping the header for the mid-pipe to slip on and align, but overall a good bang for the buck methinks... and it's said to require no changes to the fuel map, i.e. maintains performance. I recall the total came in at $700CAD (incl. shipping and duties), shipped from the U.K..

The system we are talking about is a full system, each header tube is separate, then the separate collector, separate mid pipe and then the muffler. 5 extra pieces, and the header tubes do not have cross connectors like the stock and others.

Might be a great system, lots of pieces though

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, captfire22 said:

The system we are talking about is a full system, each header tube is separate, then the separate collector, separate mid pipe and then the muffler. 5 extra pieces, and the header tubes do not have cross connectors like the stock and others.

Might be a great system, lots of pieces though

The only difference between this and the slip-on only is the 3 head pipes are put in the collector first.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Rob

Why are you concerned?  Why is it preferable for the header and mid-pipe to be one piece?  Here is a video of an Akropovic full system.  If you look at the exhaust on the bench it too is in multiple pieces with springs tightly pulling everything into place.  This is a top draw race exhuast....

CS

6 hours ago, captainscarlet said:

Why are you concerned?  Why is it preferable for the header and mid-pipe to be one piece?  Here is a video of an Akropovic full system.  If you look at the exhaust on the bench it too is in multiple pieces with springs tightly pulling everything into place.  This is a top draw race exhuast....

CS

Personally, I've never seen a header that comes with individual header pipes (but again, I'm no expert and "haven't seen it all". I guess having each header pipe separate could potentially allow for easier fitment/adjustment - which might be preferred for those more mechanically competent (not I).

CS - have you ever assembled an exhaust similar to the Scorpion in question?

Rob

@rlambke19

header-tubes-590x393.jpg?itok=ufh2zygb
WWW.CYCLEWORLD.COM

Technical Editor Kevin Cameron answers your motorcycle...

I have seen some brands pick and choose rather or not to do cross over pipes ...

Single cylinder dirt bikes for example are now using a "power bomb" to increase/tune power curves..

There are two functions within thePowerBomb chamber, 1: Acts like a pre-muffler to reduce sound level a bit, 2: increase in header flow= increase in power!! When the exhaust enters this chamber, it expands and then cools causing it to contract. This expansion/contraction speeds up the exhaust through the header.

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

42 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

@rlambke19

header-tubes-590x393.jpg?itok=ufh2zygb
WWW.CYCLEWORLD.COM

Technical Editor Kevin Cameron answers your motorcycle...

I have seen some brands pick and choose rather or not to do cross over pipes ...

Single cylinder dirt bikes for example are now using a "power bomb" to increase/tune power curves..

There are two functions within thePowerBomb chamber, 1: Acts like a pre-muffler to reduce sound level a bit, 2: increase in header flow= increase in power!! When the exhaust enters this chamber, it expands and then cools causing it to contract. This expansion/contraction speeds up the exhaust through the header.

That stock header assembly is sexy!

Anyway, for me I only want to change out the muffler at some point, I think its going to be the Scorpion when I decide to do it.  For anyone wanting a full exhaust, this is an incredible price from Kimpex as they close out this product line.

20 minutes ago, betoney said:

@captfire22  Have you already read through this thread?  LOTS of good information.

I have, that thread is 95% responsible for my decision or thought that the Scoprion Sereket Slip-on is the best option for me.

Its a well comprised thread and essentially had all the information that I need to a) think that I need a different muffler, b) choose the Scorpion Sereket.

So, after following this thread and then the other thread referenced above, I am seriously considering getting the Scorpion slip-on.

I found a Canadian re-seller (through Kijiji) - Dynamic Cycle Parts in Vaughan, ON.

Their price is $740 + tax (free shipping). $835 seems like a lot for a slip-on (and it is "back ordered" for 4 weeks).

Using the link from the other thread to the UK company, (Adrenalin Pedstop) it comes to roughly $100 CAD less including international shipping (Fed-Ex). Understanding fully that I will likely get dinged for some extra fees/charges going this route and them using Fed-Ex - but not sure it would equal $100. Not sure what to do 

From what I've read, it sounds like you don't need to change the fuel mapping when adding this pipe - but that seems weird to me given you are removing the catalytic converter.

I also haven't heard of anyone with a 2019 GT adding this pipe - so I'd better do some more Googling.

Rob

Archived