UK: meeting places & greasy spoons

• 10 months later...

I can now see why there is no UK tracer forum,nobody has posted on any of the uk threads for ages,i like the H cafe at wallingford just south of Oxford,there is one much closer to me [less than 15 miles] the super sausage on the A5 but i had the worst breakfast ever there.

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, yamtracergaz said:

I can now see why there is no UK tracer forum,nobody has posted on any of the uk threads for ages,i like the H cafe at wallingford just south of Oxford,there is one much closer to me [less than 15 miles] the super sausage on the A5 but i had the worst breakfast ever there.

Yeah Super Sausage used to be great, but has gine down hill in the last couple of years. I stil like The cafe at Old Warden Shuttleworth Collection or Jordans Mill (slightly expensive but top quality)

• 2 months later...

resurrect the thread:

imo a lot of bike meets at cafes and pubs are utterly overrated. near me (South Wales) there are quite a few. The places are sometimes good places to stop as part of a bigger ride, but i personally have limited interest in riding to them and going nowhere else. The food is often overpriced and shit.

West End Cafe - Llandovery, Oasis Snack bar - Aber, Steel Horse - Usk Road, American Diner - Ludlow all overpriced and rubbish. I've been to Loomies, Squires, Ace Cafe, Devil's Bridge - plus others i forget - all on good roads as part of a bigger ride [again food poor, Squire's food is terrible] but the 'social' aspect always seems a bit 1-dimensional. A few posers whose ride is limited to going to that meet, and rarely something interesting. A lot of people who talk crap too, who always know someone who did it better than you.

I dont blame the cafe's for pushing the biker meet thing, bikers do spend well, and i hope they dont go bust due to Covid. But i find other places, often close by, will sell much better food.