Show me your fender eleminator with luggage

On 4/19/2019 at 1:02 AM, hitness911 said:

so I bought a fender eleminator on ebay and it was looking all good until i tried to put the panniers on :( 

57453653_2449144981787135_5907352449038942208_n.jpg

so I went with plan B for now but I'm trying to find something that would look good and fit with the panniers

57194577_280764536133478_4138307990216245248_n.jpg

It still looks much tidier than stock. Could you please send me a pic of the joint between the crane arm and fender eliminator as I am curious to see if it looks tidy or not?

4 hours ago, bugie said:

It still looks much tidier than stock. Could you please send me a pic of the joint between the crane arm and fender eliminator as I am curious to see if it looks tidy or not?

I've used the metal part that was holding the oem plastic tail... but I didn't like the result so I took it off  im thinking of buying the integrated tail light and go without flasher

58577523_627562744426283_7813290177148747776_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:44 PM, bugie said:

Good job his is the 2018 GT then 😜

I am in England, and had the same problem, the tail tidy was fitted on my 1st service, and as I do not use panniers , only  to go to the Isle of Man TT, it was not until 5 months later I found out  the panniers do not fit............. was bloody mad. Also the dealer  and myself  knew nothing of a extension bar  !!!!!!!!!!! plus why bother if it is nearly in the same place as the standard one.  Went on line and bought a R & G  Racing  one, brilliant does the right job with or without the panniers.  Want my money back from Yamaha........... now 9 months and 7 emails from them saying sorry up to now , with the promise of giving me my money back........ still nothing  CRAP SERVICE.

• 2 weeks later...

This presents a good challenge. Yamaha designed the signal & tail light mount long enough to clear the side boxes, and any fender eliminator that tucks them in tight will put them behind the boxes when viewed from the side. This has me wondering about installing turn signals in the backs of the boxes, with quick disconnect wiring into the TS circuit. Then the mini signals on the fender eliminator can be used when running without boxes, or the box mounted signals when the boxes are installed.

Unless you live in California or the rest of the Southwest USA, what's the point?  Or, unless you have a toy that you ride only when it is dry outside.

Living in Seattle, this just doesn't seem wise.  Without a fender...all that gunk goes everywhere.  Of course, if you have a pillion passenger, you won't have any problems...till she gets off the bike and finds out how much she's covered in road grime.

Chris