Auxiliary Light/Day Time Running Light when engine running

1141186098_AuxiliaryLight.thumb.png.a0d4cdd0851cd24fb6d826c5aa36ecc7.png

When switching on ignition, the main headlights is not switched on however upon engine running it automatically switch on the headlights.

Does anyone here knows whether if theres a way to disable to the headlights and just have Auxiliary Lights while engine is running or on the move? 

Wonder if it's possible to do a switch just for Auxiliary Lights.

I tried looking into the manual and it seems that the headlight shares the same fuse/assembly.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Romanion said:

Any particular reason why you would not like the headlights to be on? 

You'd get fined by LTA if you don't have your headlights running and cars won't be able to spot you either. 

Just prefer to have a switch where I can on/off. I think it's cooler to have the Daytime Running Light by itself like the Tiger 800 where you have the on/off switch for the headlights

I believe you're from Singapore since you know about LTA :)

Edited by Faris

• Supporting Member
On 5/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, Faris said:

Does anyone here knows whether if theres a way to disable to the headlights and just have Auxiliary Lights while engine is running or on the move?

What part of the world would this be legal?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'd rather be visible to drivers with the headlights on all the time tbh. 

Yeah I'm from Singapore. Sadly I haven't gotten my tracer gt yet. Waiting for my class 2 license in Nov and slowly saving up. 

52 minutes ago, Faris said:

Just prefer to have a switch where I can on/off. I think it's cooler to have the Daytime Running Light by itself like the Tiger 800 where you have the on/off switch for the headlights

I believe you're from Singapore since you know about LTA :)

Tiger 800 demo I had a go on had DRL`s on all the time and you had to turn headlights on which made sense to me, why do you need 2 DRL`s on with one headlight on? kind of defeats the object of DRL above headlight😐

One headlight stays off/dim to help others judge the distance you are at... Other option is to run the highbeams 24/7 but you would have to adjust the light beam downwards... 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

1 minute ago, norcal616 said:

One headlight stays off/dim to help others judge the distance you are at... Other option is to run the highbeams 24/7 but you would have to adjust the light beam downwards... 

Is both the high beam adjustable sepaately or when you just 1 then both will be adjusted.

Kinda good idea too.

(Y/B) wire from the ECU to the headlight LED's DC-DC converter. That (Y/B) wire goes to ground as soon as the engine is running, turning ON the headlight and allowing Hi-Beam through the handlebar switch.

On the LED controller connector (below the cluster), (Y/B) is the negative (-) trigger for the LOW-Beam, (Y) is the negative (-) trigger for the High-Beam from the handlebar switch.

(I would personally NOT do that for the same reasons as Romanion)

LED.jpg

• Supporting Member
31 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Thats exactly what I have done on my bike.  I have the high switch on all the time so both front lamps are lit, I just aimed the 2nd lamp downward.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

46 minutes ago, Faris said:

Is both the high beam adjustable sepaately or when you just 1 then both will be adjusted.

Kinda good idea too.

I have no clue- I find the low beam pretty good for night time riding but my exception is I have been a 3rd shifter for the last 16yrs of my life...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp