Bugs/Windshield

12 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

when I lived in the state of straight roads and ninety degree corners.

Yes indeed! 318 miles, 11 curves, HA!

• Sad 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, tktplz said:

Yes indeed! 318 miles, 11 curves, HA!

😐

• Haha 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

6 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

😐

Spent my teenage years in Ft Lauderdale at Riverside Military Academy. We were there 3 months over the winter. Almost bought a place from a friend in Coca Beach. Went down and checked it out. The only reason I could see having a bike in Florida is to bar hop. More power to ya my friend. I live in Louisiana just south of the Arkansas border. I have no problem doing 400-450 miles a day for 2 days and can ride twisties for most of the hours I'm riding those 2 days. Maybe 3 hours of that weekend I'm not in the twisties. From Coca Beach I can't make it to Georgia fast enough. Plus i learned you can't open chips outside in Florida. They are soggy in 10 minutes, 🙁

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

Yep. Had a friend who went to R back in the mid 70's. Long gone now.....  And we lost touch a long time ago.  I live in Florida, I like to ride. Even if it's straight and flat.... 

Good thing I have friends in North Carolina and a son who lives in Tennessee.

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

On 7/14/2019 at 8:45 AM, DavidS said:

I use Plexus. Spray it on the windshield once or twice a week, and wipe it down with a cloth. Makes the screen super slippery, and if a bug does splat on the screen, it doesn't stick much, and is easily wiped off with a cloth. Works on helmet screens as well....

I didn't have any Plexus, but used a polisher/cleaner I bought when Plexus was hard to get.  Everything is nice and shiny now and maybe the bugs won't stick so bad.  With an ST there was lots of plastic to use Plexus on.

Holey Cow!!  I just bought a big can of Plexus.  Can I write it off of my income tax?

Edited by Coop
additional thought after a careful reflection of my problem
  • Thumbsup 1

On 7/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, keithu said:

It looks like the rest of us don't have to worry about bugs anymore because fddriver2 got them all. Thank you!

I only hit one bug this morning so you might be right.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
22 hours ago, Coop said:

Holey Cow!!  I just bought a big can of Plexus.  Can I write it off of my income tax?

Lemon Pledge, Coop.  It just works.  Use one microfiber cloth for cleaning, another one for buffing.  Plastics, paint, windscreens, face shields, cold chrome...it works (and you don't have to take out a loan equal to the Gross Domestic Product of a small country to finance the purchase of a can - not even a big one).

• Thumbsup 2
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

5 minutes ago, whistler said:

Lemon Pledge, Coop.  It just works.  Use one microfiber cloth for cleaning, another one for buffing.  Plastics, paint, windscreens, face shields, cold chrome...it works (and you don't have to take out a loan equal to the Gross Domestic Product of a small country to finance the purchase of a can - not even a big one).

And you smell good afterward too.

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, whistler said:

+1 - I use the orange Pledge myself.  I was shocked when I went to my local Cycle Gear to get a can of Plexus and it was almost $25 a can!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

+1 - I use the orange Pledge myself.  I was shocked when I went to my local Cycle Gear to get a can of Plexus and it was almost $25 a can!!

That's a better deal than I got, but I do like Plexus.  Maybe it's time to adapt, after all I use Mobil 1 on my guns.  Ooops!  Does that make this an oil thread now?

• Like 1