Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

• Premium Member
Mine arrived today. They look good. Only the inner bags are perhaps not up to Givi standard. The cases match Givi quality and are, if anything more innovatively designed. I'll fit them over the weekend but happy so far. And I am very impressed with the service from Motobuykers, they even gave me a €5 voucher for the delay in delivery.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine arrived today too, they do look good. I haven't had any Givi inner bags but these ones seem pretty good to me.

Certainly a good price and excellent service. They took a few days extra to arrive due to the holidays but they were despatched promptly and well packaged, so can't fault Motobuykers.

Thanks to Mike for the tip on what I think was a great deal. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I have the OEM rack as well.  The large bolts are M40.  No way are  they long enough to go through the washer, spacer, side rack,  OEM top rack, spacer.  Am I doing something wrong or did they just get it wrong on the bolt size?

Probably not designed for the OEM rack. I have a Givi rack and it fitted with no problems. The spacers for the Givi rack only add about 5 mm though.

The Shad instructions don't show refitting the original Yamaha side rails (with the luggage hooks). So it's only through the shad side rail, then spacer/rear rack. The bolts as you've noticed aren't long enough to go through that AND the original side rail.

• 2 months later...
I was speaking of Shad's site for US customers, sorry.  
http://www.shadonline.com/shad-side-case-support-brackets-Yamaha-FJ-09-p/y0mt95if.htm

The side cases and brackets are still $644, but do not come with inner bags anymore. They are sold separately for $64. You still get them free if you order the whole kit which includes the top box for $945

And shipping to east pennsylvania is over $100. I thought it should be less or free with almost a 1k purchase

• 1 year later...
I have the OEM rear as well, how did you do your spacers? I just assumed I would have to do some custom spacers to get it right.
Rack%201.jpg Rack%202.jpg
Rack%203.jpg
Rack%204.jpg

Hi, did you get longer bolts? If I use the included spacer with the top rack and the one already on the bike the bolts won't reach? Thanks!

Archived