Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

You guys all seem to be having trouble with Shad USA. I ordered the sh36 cases from a place in Spain, got them in the UK about 8 days later just in time for a trip around Scotland.

In my opinion they are far better than the Yam (soft bags) and loads cheaper than the hard cases also watertight and good design.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet another update from Shad.  2 weeks ago Vanessa told me I would have it last week. I was getting responses from Michael this week and on Monday he told me it had shipped and I would receive it in 2-3 days.   I emailed Michael back and asked for a tracking number as I didn't believe it since my order was not updated and I had no proof.  I finally got a tracking number today, and they did indeed ship it on the 22nd with UPS ground. The Scheduled delivery is for tomorrow.  So more than a month after being charged, I will finally get my side cases.

I have the OEM rear as well, how did you do your spacers? I just assumed I would have to do some custom spacers to get it right.
Rack%201.jpg Rack%202.jpg
Rack%203.jpg
Rack%204.jpg

Can I know which rear rack are you using? Is it the code number of 2pp-f48d0-v0-00?

Got my sidecases finally, but its raining and i'm heading out of town tomorrow so no pics yet.  They did not ship my internal bags, and no mention or packing slips with anyting.  emailed them back and luckily got a fast reply this time.  Those are even further backordered but should be coming sometime after the 12th.  I've not been very happy with shad and have let them know that.  Nothing to try to make it up to me or even let me know after the fact the order would be separated even more.  I asked them if they would ship me the backrest to the sh39 as a consolation for all the headache, and they have said they are shipping it out.  I was also disappointing as every picture of a topcase on the shad usa shows a backrest installed on the product order pages (they don't show the back of the sh39 so i thought it came with it). 
So lots of headache and disappointment but at least they are doing this much for me, although I had to specifically ask for it.  Quality of cases does seem nice, they don't latch on as easily as they show in their videos however.  I've read not great things about switching the lock out, but will have to try that after i'm back from my work trip.

I am hoping to receive my full setup (side and top) in mid July, and will write a detailed review here when I get them mounted and have tested them a bit. In spite of the backorder issue, they seem like the best bang for my buck. I like the Givi Trekker cases, but they are VERY expensive and I actually like the look/shape of the Shad cases better.

If you are getting the side cases and top case with mounting brackets, you can use coupon code FJ09FULLSET for 5% off.  I don't know if it works on just side bags.  You should also get inner bags with this.  I can't say I'd recommend Shad based on customer experience if you are in the US, especially if you are looking to get them quickly.  If you don't have any immediate need, and can wait months, then you might be fine with these.  

Well, I give up. Shad is just not in the business of selling motorcycle accessories. I ordered a full set May 14, was told they were shipped May 26 and called UPS 10 days after that. UPS told me the pick had been cancelled. I've talked to Vanessa 3 times, who promises to email me specifics on my order but doesn't. It's going on 2 months. Next call is to my dealer who kindly offered me 20% off on the price of cases, and take him up on his offer.
Beware of Shad!!!!

It seems that European customers are getting the preferred service with Shad. I have looked at all the hard case options for the FJ-09. I'm still on the fence here. They have mounting brackets that will fit my Bandit 1250 ( same hard case both bikes) sounds nice. I'll call them Monday.

15J09-05FJR1300-07DL1000-16GSX1000S

Archived