Shad Side bags for FJ-09 !!!

It was me who said to beware of shad a week ago. I should have said shad.us. I had given up on shad after 2 months of being jerked around and went to the Yamaha site to scope out their bags again and, whada ya know, Yamaha Canada is selling shad cases. My local dealer gave me a 20% discount on a three bag set up, so I'm getting them for about the same price as from shad.us. No free side case liners though. But it does mean I'll get dealer support if their are any problems.

I don't know if Yamaha USA is selling shad but if you're in Canada check it out.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Im in NW Indiana. I have a UPS tracking and its on it way should be here Monday. I called them to check and see if they were in-stock in the US before I ordered. They said they had them in-stock. I also told them they had a bad reputation on this forum. I told them I was giving them a chance.

I finally got my inner bags and backrest for the SH39.  My order was placed and charged on 5/23/15, I finally received the last bit of my kit on 7/21/15, 2 months of dealing with Shad USA.  It was painful, and I do like the looks of the bags, but the fit of the side bags onto the 3p system (not as smooth as they make it look), the almost incompatible side and top brackets, the lower seeming quality of the sh39 top box (compared to what I see on their other top cases), and terrible, horrible, awful support dont' seem to be worth the 1k.  I'm glad to have them, but it has been an ordeal.  If anyone wants, when I get a chance I can take a picture of all together with backrest and inner bags when I get a chance.  I do have this shot of the top and side cases on:

image_14.jpg

• 4 months later...
Anyone fitted the shad panniers and rack with the Givi top box rack?

I have just ordered the Shad cases and fitting system but have a Givi top box rack fitted currently.

The Shad cases and mounting system are only costing 250 pounds , so it was too good to turn down. it'll increase the touring capacity of the bike for some longer weekends away.
If I need to i will get a Shad top box rack to match

Thanks

I have the Givi Top box rack and was also considering the Shad panniers.

Where did you find the panniers and brackets for £250 (if you don't mind me asking)?

I think it should be possible to fit them together although it may take some spacers/washers to replace the supplied parts.

Regards, Ian

Where did you find the panniers and brackets for £250 (if you don't mind me asking)?

I think it should be possible to fit them together although it may take some spacers/washers to replace the supplied parts.

Regards, Ian
Hi 
motobykers.co.uk

Here's the link

http://www.motobuykers.co.uk/product/pack-x2-sh36-racks-free-inner-bags-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2015/?og=colbenson/

Items have been shipped and are on their way from Spain. Hopefully be here Christmas Eve

• Premium Member

Regards, Ian
Hi 
motobykers.co.uk

Here's the link

http://www.motobuykers.co.uk/product/pack-x2-sh36-racks-free-inner-bags-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-2015/?og=colbenson/

Items have been shipped and are on their way from Spain. Hopefully be here Christmas Eve

That is a seriously good deal 

• Premium Member
The equivalent price for Givi V35s plus carriers and inner bags are close to £480. The guys that have bought the Shads and used it - do you have any feedback or concerns? In the thread above I see lots of concerns with delivery by the US agents and comments about fitting, but nothing about usability. Do they work, do they pack well and is anybody able to compare the Shad cases with Givi V35s please?

• Premium Member
are the shad bags better than the yamaha bags or is it mainly because of delays if ordering from yamaha? 
Also, are all the sideboxes people are getting the SH 36?
I wouldn't say that the Shad side cases are better than the Yamaha items.  About the same is my guess.  I have some experience with the Yamaha cases having owned a 2007 FJR. The main reasons I went with Shad are 1) that I have owned their cases in the past and I like the quality, and 2) they are less expensive than OEM.

BuilderBob, do you have any feedback after owning the cases for some time? Have you used them and do you have any concerns? Are they waterproof, do the inner bags fit, do they pack easily etc?

Archived