The way to San Jose

Kevin R

Hi all, new[ish] Tracer GT owner here (3k miles so far). Been occasionally lurking on the forum before and after buying the bike in December 2019. I've taken a few nice 200mi+ day rides on the bike so far as the weather improves here in the Bay Area (shhhh...don't tell the COVID19 police!). After 9yrs on a 2007 FJR I am really digging this new ride! Doesn't have the grunt of the ol' feejer but the light weight of the Tracer is awesome and it does go when asked. 🙂  This triple motor is a seriously sweet powerplant and is right on par with the one in my old Triumph (one of the things I loved about my SprintST).

I'm not a big mods guy, but I did add a radiator guard (not sure what Yammie was thinking when they released the bike without one). I also recently added a SW Motech Adventure rack to hold my trusty Givi trunk.

Other than that, the only other thing I plan to do near term is add more lighting. The Tracer headlight is pretty weak compared to the FJR (that thing had really good headlights). Have done lots of searching/reading and decided I would like to have a setup with some sort of low/high power capability. Denali calls theirs "DataDim" but it is not clear if the control switch works with the Tracer GT's LED headlight circuitry. I'm not sure if I would trust the seller's (Twisted Throttle, Revzilla, etc.) opinion on this question. Anyone here successfully deployed the Denali DataDim feature on their FJ or Tracer?

Thanks, and looking forward to getting to know a few of you guys and gals.

sm_20200219_135013.jpg

• Thumbsup 7

3 minutes ago, Kevin R said:

I'm not a big mods guy, but......

We’ll soon cure you of that !

Welcome to the forum @Kevin R

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, Kevin R said:

Have done lots of searching/reading and decided I would like to have a setup with some sort of low/high power capability. Denali calls theirs "DataDim" but it is not clear if the control switch works with the Tracer GT's LED headlight circuitry. I'm not sure if I would trust the seller's (Twisted Throttle, Revzilla, etc.) opinion on this question.

Why wouldn't you trust Twisted Throttle?  When it comes to Denali motorcycle lighting, they would be my first choice to ask for advise.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

Why wouldn't you trust Twisted Throttle?  When it comes to Denali motorcycle lighting, they would be my first choice to ask for advise.

Those guys (and others) may be pretty knowledgeable but it would be preferable to  hear from someone who has actually successfully installed it on one of these bikes. Denali (& TT) says DataDim *may* not work on vehicles with LED headlights.

Great picture. Looks kind of familiar. But then again, those white farm houses over the coast are common. I think I remember several near Ft. Ross. 

'15 FJ09

On 5/1/2020 at 4:30 AM, koth442 said:

Great picture. Looks kind of familiar. But then again, those white farm houses over the coast are common. I think I remember several near Ft. Ross. 

It's near Pierce Point out at Point Reyes. Very pretty place with a couple herds of elk hanging around to boot.

• Thumbsup 1