Hello from SW Scotland

Stew

I just bought a 2015 Tracer 900 , waiting for delivery, hopefully some time next week.
Can't wait to have my first ride on it, after drooling over all the reviews and youtube videos.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

Well done Stew and welcome to the fold. I'm sure you wont have any regrets it's a fantastic bike I managed another short 50 miles on mine today now that lockdown has eased slightly.

• Supporting Member

Welcome Stew. Some good biking roads in the S.W. 👍

B.T.W.   Are there any mileage restrictions for biking,now that lockdown has been eased in Scotland.

Cheers,

Kenny.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

28 minutes ago, Kenny A. said:

B.T.W.   Are there any mileage restrictions for biking,now that lockdown has been eased in Scotland.

I was hoping that the statement made on the local news that we could "travel for recreation" covered us. My two mates and myself managed up to Crieff and alongside Loch Earn on Sunday. a lovely wee 170 mile round trip. Felt nice to be on the bike again after three months.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, HGP61 said:

I was hoping that the statement made on the local news that we could "travel for recreation" covered us. My two mates and myself managed up to Crieff and alongside Loch Earn on Sunday. a lovely wee 170 mile round trip. Felt nice to be on the bike again after three months.

I hoped there weren't any restrictions 'cos I was at Aberfeldy,along Loch Tay and home by Loch Earn👍. Lochearnhead to Crieff was very busy with bikes.😊 I only clocked up 100 miles,but enjoyed every minute.

Good to get out.😊😊

Kenny.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

I can't wait to get my first ride on it, but I am determined to be a good boy and acf50 it first. Bet it doesn't happen though.

Lockdown restrictions are now a 'suggested' 5 miles for exercise. I will be doing a lot more than 5 miles on delivery day.

Been riding a 650 vstrom for a while now, so I will need to recalibrate my brain.

I used to love riding around Aberfeldy and the area around there, great bendy roads. The road from where I live up to Dalmellington is fantastic on a bike, so that will probably be where I head, and immediately turn round and ride home again.

I like that Dalmellington road, Couple of times a year we will head over the A702 Dalveen pass, along to Dalry and up to Dalmellington then a choice of a number of ways back home depending on time. Lovely area.

• Thumbsup 1

54 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

I like that Dalmellington road, Couple of times a year we will head over the A702 Dalveen pass, along to Dalry and up to Dalmellington then a choice of a number of ways back home depending on time. Lovely area.

It is a nice bit of road. Just be very very careful on the really twisty bit a couple of miles south of Dalmellington. There is a one really bizarre corner, a left hander if going north, with a wierd camber. My car went sideways on it on a sunny day, like I'd hit ice. Thought no more about it, having put it down to my driving. Until I was following some big old heavy range rover one day, and watched it do the exact same thing, on the same bend. He pulled in to check his car at the next layby, but I was past him before I thought to stop and reassure him his car was fine :)

23 minutes ago, BBB said:

Welcome to the forum @Stew. You’ll enjoy that first ride.

Thanks, I'm sure I will. I am trying not to think about counting the minutes till the bike delivered, all I know is it is getting it's valve service done early next week, then getting delivered up to me.

Welcome to the forum Stew. I also just got my FJ09 and am new to the forum. Everyone has been awesome and it’s a great place to come to for info and questions. Enjoy your new ride! I’m absolutely loving mine! 

• Thumbsup 2

Thanks Lisa, I'mvery impressed with the forum.
But I am getting fidgety waiting to take it out for it's first ride.
The dealer has been great keeping me up to date, it is booked in the workshop for Wed. , then will be headed to me a few days after.
Pray for dry roads!

Enjoy every ride.

• Thumbsup 1

Myself and 2 mates had a trip planned for whit week from Shrewsbury,  up through the Yorkshire moors, Northumberland then over to Dumfries and Galloway,  the lakes and back home having 3 nights out, but alas, cancelled.  

What have I missed up there.??

Oh..you will love the bike.  👍

• Thumbsup 1

42 minutes ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Myself and 2 mates had a trip planned for whit week from Shrewsbury,  up through the Yorkshire moors, Northumberland then over to Dumfries and Galloway

If you are planning another trip I would suggest that you head north to the borders using the A68 coming over the border at Carter Bar. Keep on the A68 towards Melrose. Head west to Selkirk and pick up the A708 Selkirk to Moffat road (voted one of the best in Britain by Ride Magazine) Good bikers cafe lunch stop at St. Mary's Loch. After Moffat go a bit further North (about 15 Miles) and use the A702 to go back towards Dumfries & Galloway. Fantastic roads you will not be disappointed.

Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you are disappointed with anything (except weather and Midgies) I will personally come down and buy you enough petrol to get you back over the border. 

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Myself and 2 mates had a trip planned for whit week from Shrewsbury,  up through the Yorkshire moors, Northumberland then over to Dumfries and Galloway,  the lakes and back home having 3 nights out, but alas, cancelled.  

What have I missed up there.??

Oh..you will love the bike.  👍

HGP61 nailed it with the road suggestions. That would be a really good route for you.
You've missed nothing. we are still not allowed out to play. Although from the sounds of the bikes going up and down the road in the brilliant weather through the week there you'd hardly know it.

• Thumbsup 1