Does anyone recognise this fuel cap top thingy

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, Stew said:

The thing on top of the fuel cap, I assume is for fitting some sort of tank bag.

I have never seen one like that, I'm not sure what it is for. 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

+1 for the Givi. Problem is the three black allen bolts you see there have spacers underneath to accomodate the black ring. If you remove everything and expect it to look OEM, you’ll have to get 3 OMG chromed bolts to replace these.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, FrankQC said:

+1 for the Givi. Problem is the three black allen bolts you see there have spacers underneath to accomodate the black ring. If you remove everything and expect it to look OEM, you’ll have to get 3 OMG chromed bolts to replace these.

Thanks, I thought that. I'll take one out and see what I've got that is shorter, or get something from the local hardware shop. Not bothered about chromed or anything, just no point in having a bit of a clamp there that I will never use.

Just as a 'by the way'; I have the Givi tanklock system with an EA118 25 litre bag. It is excellent, so easy to click on and remove. Nothing touches the paint, I'm really pleased with it. Especially as you basically can't use any 'regular' type tank bag anyway.

• Thanks 1