Possible New Owner

Going to look at a new 2020 Tracer GT today. Haven't seen one in person yet. Dealer priced it to me at $12,699. Coming off a Kawasaki Concours before I killed myself on that Rocket Ship. I'm 6' 230#, is this too small a bike for me? I'm thinking not and actually cant find much negative about the Tracer GT at all. I'm guessing I will at least need to replace the stock windshield but that's about all initially.

Thanks for any input

FNG in Kansas

It's not too small for you. I ride the same and I'm 6'3" and 275. I'm having to upgrade the stock suspension because of my weight, and you'll likely need to run a fair amount of preload in the front and rear yourself, but it'll get you by OK. If you can, be sure to ride it for yourself before committing.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Shizzle said:

I'm 6' 230#, is this too small a bike for me?

I am 1" taller than you with about 34" inseam, I fit the bike just fine. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I also ride a Concours, which I still have, and say the comparison between them would be best described by saying the Concours is great for long straight Florida roads and the 900GT is better for all around use. It does well on highways and is much better for twisty NC mountain roads. The power is totally adequate and handling MUCH better than the Concours. I really don't feel the need for more power up here in NC. Depending on your riding style, level of  riding and types of roads it is most likely a better bike for you.  I'm 5'11" 195 lbs.

Lots of heavy guys on here, guess that’s why everyone changes the suspension out. Probably consider that when purchasing this bike or get into the correct BMI and you would be set. 

By BMI I'm assuming you mean Beer Money Income?  All kidding aside I'm sure the bike will be fine. The 2011 Concours was a great bike. I will probably regret selling it but I do believe the Tracer will make a fine replacement.

• Thumbsup 1

My Concours is a 2011 also. I've had it for about 8 yrs. now and I will probably will sell it because I prefer to ride in Carolinas vs. S Fla. Concours is a great bike and I'd like to keep it but have to make room for something new. The Concours has it's place, which I feel is better on straight long roads, where power of it can be used. 900GT is a better all around bike. I have modified the suspension, as many others have, to suit me better. Can just about guarantee you will love the Tracer GT.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RandyN said:

My Concours is a 2011 also. I've had it for about 8 yrs. now and I will probably will sell it because I prefer to ride in Carolinas vs. S Fla. Concours is a great bike and I'd like to keep it but have to make room for something new. The Concours has it's place, which I feel is better on straight long roads, where power of it can be used. 900GT is a better all around bike. I have modified the suspension, as many others have, to suit me better. Can just about guarantee you will love the Tracer GT.

I'm pretty sure I will like it too. I'm about 95% there on my decision. I will know tonight for sure after I put my eyes on it and test ride.

Thanks for the info

I ride from the N.C. coast to the mountains at least once a month, it’s a great bike for me. I do like to play on Sunday morning hot rides with the sport bike crowd and the Tracer is no slouch. I haven’t changed out anything but for my frame 6’ 182# I think it’s adequate. Just for shits and giggles I took the t off tracer and the 9 off of 900. Proud owner of a racer 00 GT. It’s smooth and fast

Edited by Toddtr
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Toddtr said:

I ride from the N.C. coast to the mountains at least once a month, it’s a great bike for me. I do like to play on Sunday morning hot rides with the sport bike crowd and the Tracer is no slouch. I haven’t changed out anything but for my frame 6’ 182# I think it’s adequate. Just for shits and giggles I took the t off tracer and the 9 off of 900. Proud owner of a racer 00 GT. It’s smooth and fast

I would change it to Ricer 00 GT  😁

• Supporting Member
On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Shizzle said:

By BMI I'm assuming you mean Beer Money Income?  

Exactly...

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

On 7/8/2020 at 9:39 PM, Shizzle said:

Well I did the deal on the 2020 Tracer GT tonight, will pick it up Saturday. Beautiful bike. 

Thanks

Congrats, you will enjoy it.  Couple of tweaks here and there for your personal preference and you will be all set.