I broke the left mirror screw :(

On 8/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, TheBigG said:

yap! And how you gonna cut off the top without damaging the black housing? 

I'd use a dremel and a grinding bit.  I decided against doing that unless mine works it's way loose again, as since tightening it it's been ok - I don't want to risk damaging it when I don't need too.  If it does work it's way loose though I'll do it and document.

3 hours ago, quaxum said:

@TheBigGWhat did u do?

maybe u can walk us thru? the ori bolt was grinded, removed and replaced?

Sure! 

As you can see the bolt i'm holding in my hand is one piece and it is broken at the top. The top is M6 and the bottom is M10. The M6 part was grinded than I drilled a 5mm hole in the lower part of the bolt (the M10 one) and used a M6 tap to create thread into the hole. Now I can use whatever screw I want (M6) to keep things together. The head of the screw will press down the bits as the nut did before.

It is not difficult to do it, the alloy of the bolt is fairly soft.

Edited by TheBigG

6 hours ago, TheBigG said:

Sure! 

As you can see the bolt i'm holding in my hand is one piece and it is broken at the top. The top is M6 and the bottom is M10. The M6 part was grinded than I drilled a 5mm hole in the lower part of the bolt (the M10 one) and used a M6 tap to create thread into the hole. Now I can use whatever screw I want (M6) to keep things together. The head of the screw will press down the bits as the nut did before.

It is not difficult to do it, the alloy of the bolt is fairly soft.

Nice simple job, excellent repair

• Like 1