Newbie Here

Hi Everybody,Hoping to get a used tracer 900 this weekend,i already have it's big brother the mt10 but it cannot tour because of it's terrible tank range and very poor headlights,so the tracer will more than fill the gap,i know i will be riding it for 75% of the time,wanted one for ages looking forward to owning one and sourcing all the extra's i need for it and to joining in on here.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum yamtracergaz, glad to have you join us.

I tour with the Tracer 900 GT, but it does require some modifications to make it more comfortable. Adjusting your suspension is a must, and you will likely need more storage for proper touring. There are lots of 3rd party options for setting it up, just let us know if you have questions, or want any feedback.

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome aboard Yamtracergaz! I went the same route too. I have a 2017 FZ10, awesome crazy hooligan bike but not a great touring bike. You can and I have, but it is a little too hardcore. As you stated, fuel range is the biggest problem. I had a 1 gallon gas can that fit in a Givi soft tail bag I had mounted in front of my topcase just in case. Never had to use it but stopping for gas every 110 miles sucks!  You will love the Tracer! 

Thanks everybody,for the welcomes,it's official i get it this coming thursday,it is used but looks as new as my other bike as it has only done 1100 miles,picked it over the latest model as i hate all the latest yamaha paint schemes,so this tracer is 3yrs old but in a lovely gloss blue,can't wait and catlanta the ga in my user name is gaz short for gary.When i get it i will be able to finish off my profile[i am in England]

Edited by yamtracergaz
  • Like 1