Turn Signal Help

• Premium Member

If it works when you hold it, but stops when you let go, it is likely a switch issue. I would guess that something in your switch has gone bad. You could try switching the relay to the other side and see if that works, and replace if it works fine on the other side. 

Others with more electrical experience may be able to help you troubleshoot.

@DavidSAgreed that it sounds very much like a switch issue.

I would favor less likely fuse or relay due to the left side is working great and that holding (with likely more finger force than a click) can make the right side work.

A reasonable first step could be to blast some contact cleaner in there behind the black plastic thumb piece alongside the metal stalk into the switch itself. Then work the switch back and forth through the range of motion, and see if that makes things better or worse.

Hope this helps!

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, scjaws said:

My right turn signal only blinks when I hold the switch to the right.  Left side works fine.  Bulbs are good. Perhaps the relay?

Is it front and rear on the right side that don't work correctly?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

If you have to HOLD the switch in order to work properly, but they otherwise work OK, then it is absolutely, positively the latching mechanism in the switch itself. As scary as it might sound, it's not that difficult to tear down the switch for cleaning.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, betoney said:

s it front and rear on the right side that don't work correctly?

Yes, both will only flash if I hold the turn signal. BTW the warning flashers work fine.

• Thanks 1